Other clubs' transfers

Greg

7 minutes ago, brummie said:

Randomly, I have just remembered when Spurs offered us Josh Onomah plus £2m for Grealish.

Spurs, ha ha ha.

Or when Bruce tried to swap Grealish for Jordan Rhodes…

Grealish has been pretty good this season to be fair. We live in an era where goals/assists are literally everything - we're obsessed with it. But as others have said, there is a lot more to why he is important for Man City.

Ginola won player of the year for a team finishing midtable and only scoring 3 goals. Would never happen now (fact check this but pretty sure it's right).

22 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Ginola won player of the year for a team finishing midtable and only scoring 3 goals. Would never happen now (fact check this but pretty sure it's right).

Spurs came 11th that year, but they won the League Cup and got to the semis of the FAC. Ginola scored 7, and had 11 assists.

49 minutes ago, brummie said:

Randomly, I have just remembered when Spurs offered us Josh Onomah plus £2m for Grealish.

Spurs, ha ha ha.

I watched a clip of Villa vs Newcastle from a few years ago and completely forgot yous had Ross Barkley for a season

15 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Spurs came 11th that year, but they won the League Cup and got to the semis of the FAC. Ginola scored 7, and had 11 assists.

Yeah but PFA player of the year is just for the league though isn't it? Aware it's the players who vote too, but regardless, it wouldn't happen now.

1 hour ago, brummie said:

Spurs, ha ha ha.

Or how about when Bruce nearly flogged him to Boro for Jordan Rhodes?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-ready-offer-jack-9703733

Edited by Optimistic Nut

There’s no denying Grealish has a lot of talent and he provides something that almost no England players do, can run with the ball and will either cut through or he’ll get taken down and you win a free kick. I don’t think he’s a £100m player though, he’d need to be a pivotal player for them or someone who continually won them games with his quality alone. As it stands, I’d say he’s fairly replaceable for Man City, at least if they’d be willing to spend £60-£70m

2 hours ago, toon25 said:

Grealish would be likeable if he had a braincell.

He fits in like a treat with fellow brain donor Kyle Walker at Shiteh

He plays for City but I find Grealish one of the most likeable players off the pitch. He's not the sharpest tool in the box but his heart seems to be in the right place. 

Edited by Froggy

4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Wouldn't be too surprised if this one and Bellingham both end up at City.

Arsenal with Arteta. IF he leaves Barca, which I doubt- they’ll wangle a way to keep him and get a new contract signed. 

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

I watched a clip of Villa vs Newcastle from a few years ago and completely forgot yous had Ross Barkley for a season

Barkley's apparently playing in Ligue 1 now. Random.

I think this is probably me just being a misery and not looking into it properly, but from a distance I find the whole fuss around Wrexham because it's owned by a couple of celebrities canny irritating. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think this is probably me just being a misery and not looking into it properly, but from a distance I find the whole fuss around Wrexham because it's owned by a couple of celebrities canny irritating. 

Yeah find the whole circus around it pretty annoying

To be fair, if you watch the show, they actually give a shit and it’s not just some massive publicity stunt. And the people of Wrexham are beside themselves with joy and good times. It has to be an incredible feeling for them. 

Edited by cubaricho

23 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

To be fair, if you watch the show, they actually give a shit and it’s not just some massive publicity stunt. And the people of Wrexham are beside themselves with joy and good times. It has to be an incredible feeling for them. 

It's quality. :lol: can only assume people haven't watched the documentary as you need to be dead inside to dislike anything about the situation once you know the full story. 

Welcome to Wrexham is brilliant.

I have no issue whatsoever with them tbh. Their ownership model is a million times better than most who get involved in lower league clubs, particularly compared to the absolute shite that Wrexham have been through. And they both come across brilliantly on the show.