Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Man Philips’ rep has took a real hit. Was brilliant for England and Leeds in the most press intensive system you’ll likely ever see. I rate him still. Be great for us 

Seems content doing fuck all

1 minute ago, Amir_9 said:

Eh, I mean he’s got medals, a high wage, a lot of players might do the same and maybe he thought he could fight for a place. Either way doesn’t affect his on field ability to me 

He had that bad injury for Leeds and then basically didn't play last season. Two years of not really playing football. It can be hard to get your mojo back after that.

I'd heard from Leeds supporters that him coming to us was a done deal for ages before Man City swooped. I understand ego and wanting to not be seen to 'fail' at City but to me it seems more likely he becomes a Fabian Delph than a Fernandinho and he should probably look to move somewhere he will definitely play. 

12 hours ago, Pata said:

I have some serious trouble branding a move that raised Sancho's market value to €100m a mistake. :lol: He could have easily folded in the Championship while making £3,500 a week for the rest of his career but at least he could handle some kicking, now he makes 100x that a week. Bundesliga might be shite but that's a fucking wild take even from TCD. 

Financially it was a wonderful decision. His agent deserves credit for both moves. 

But for his development as a PL footballer? That Bundesliga football isn’t what he needed. He needed to learn the other side of the game. Unless something changes mentally he will not be an elite PL player. Maybe in Spain or Germany again because he has ability. 

21 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

You could see the look on Oxlade’s face picking up the League and FA Cup for Liverpool. He knew he didn’t deserve it. Phillips is lapping it up, huge smile across his face every time I see him. 

AOC knows his career has been a disappointment . He never recovered from that ACL. Some are just happy to be there. 

37 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

Just because he has hardly played and seems very happy and smiley on the bench/in parades doesn’t mean he’s happy just playing a bit part, if you can even call it that. He’s probably looked at Grealish and thinks if he keeps working hard and fitting in more, his time will come. Players are naturally confident and also naive at the same time, I’d have him here as I suspect his attitude is fantastic and his professionalism too. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Phillips is a huge risk like. Could get his mojo back elsewhere but could equally become another Barkley or Rodwell. 

I think under Howe and co he’d get back to his best easily, I’d try a cheeky loan with a view to buy option first, however, with a promise to City we won’t take Haaland off them next season or any of their top players…

"i didn't play so i don't deserve this" is such a weird take. Nobody knows what is going on in these players heads or mindsets. For all we know Phillips is a well-liked internal guy, counted on in training for the tactical input the first team and bench players are working through. Everyone plays their part, those who don't are banished to the reserves (see Fraser for us) or out on loan (See Cancelo for City). 

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I have to assume if he was showing up to England training out of shape or totally off the pace he’d have gotten left out at some point. 

I’d happily take him here in a heartbeat.

He got dropped from first team training by Man City for coming back from the WC overweight.

13 minutes ago, Kanji said:

"i didn't play so i don't deserve this" is such a weird take. Nobody knows what is going on in these players heads or mindsets. For all we know Phillips is a well-liked internal guy, counted on in training for the tactical input the first team and bench players are working through. Everyone plays their part, those who don't are banished to the reserves (see Fraser for us) or out on loan (See Cancelo for City). 

I think any player that doesn't play much would deep down think they don't deserve it. That goes for all sports at any level

Just now, triggs said:

I think any player that doesn't play much would deep down think they don't deserve it. That goes for all sports at any level

I think most players feel they had a part to play, particularly fringe ones who know there is a ton of quality ahead of them. The ones who "should" be playing but don't for fitness or shit form etc, yea i agree with you. 

58 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Tell you what, I'd have had Milner here like

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed we weren’t in for him. Experience we need. 

Could’ve probably booted Dummett and Richie. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

I think most players feel they had a part to play, particularly fringe ones who know there is a ton of quality ahead of them. The ones who "should" be playing but don't for fitness or shit form etc, yea i agree with you. 

Didn't Pep say Phillips was overweight and not in a condition to even train never mind play after the world cup? 

3 hours ago, Deuce said:

What is this based on?

There was a recent quote from him about what his ideal Champions League final result is.. Something along the lines of 

City winning 3-0 and I come on the last 10 minutes. 

Edit:

Screenshot_20230615_181842.jpg

Edited by Amir_9