Other clubs' transfers

Greg

28 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I can’t stand Man U but in spite of the spending during the Glazers era, the Glazers are utter parasites. Owners like them are awful for football

I mean I agree wholeheartedly although if Man U hadn’t been held back by them they’d probably be on their 36th league title by now :lol:

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I mean I agree wholeheartedly although if Man U hadn’t been held back by them they’d probably be on their 36th league title by now :lol:

Still think the City juggernaut would be hard to stop but we'd be in a much better position.

Pointing to our spend is proper idiotic nonsense. We spend within our means based on our revenue. £500m odd net spend over the last five years, but our revenue has been over £2b in that time. It's all relative. I don't mean TBG by the way, he's smarter than that. :lol: He knows what he was at.

Cash reserves have been bled dry over the years and now people are shocked we're having FFP difficulty. :lol: 

Do you think the Glazers are serious about the takeover Froggy? 

It’s always felt to me that they are only interested in walk away money - getting offered vastly over what could be considered a reasonable value for the asset. 

The Qataris have money to burn but probably aren’t in the business of having the piss took out of them. 

The whole thing has felt like a non starter from the off. 

47 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Few disappointing likes on this post. Shame.

Froggy, you can't be disappointed with the money spent on players, surely? It's pie in the sky dream stuff for 99.99% of clubs in the world.

Can understand if you didn't want those players or you thought some of those players weren't value for money but, come on. Plenty of coin spent by one of the richest clubs in the world.

This window and upcoming season for Forest must be pretty disheartening. They’ve got an older Chris Wood, a bloated squad and not really any resale value apart from for their best players, Brennan Johnson and Gibbs-White who they’d be screwed if they lost 

52 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Do you think the Glazers are serious about the takeover Froggy? 

It’s always felt to me that they are only interested in walk away money - getting offered vastly over what could be considered a reasonable value for the asset. 

The Qataris have money to burn but probably aren’t in the business of having the piss took out of them. 

The whole thing has felt like a non starter from the off. 

I thought they were initially. It's dragged on so long now I've genuinely got no idea. 

I think what they're getting offered now is walk away money. If they don't take what's being offered now then I'd say they're here until they die. 

37 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Froggy, you can't be disappointed with the money spent on players, surely? 

No, but that's not the reason why the Glazers are hated. Many more levels to it than that but people quote what we've spent and suggest we should be grateful to have them despite them costing Manchester United billions of pounds. 

15 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Plan :yao:

Weghorst back last day of the window? Aubameyang? Zlatan? Drogba?

Surely you must use the Onana money on a striker??

Edited by nufc123

Supposedly Maidenhead have a 20% sell on fee for Max Kilman, so if he heads away for the £35m that Wolves want, they're going to be set for a very very long time.

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

Weghorst back last day of the window? Aubameyang? Zlatan? Drogba?

Surely you must use the Onana money on a striker??

Keeper is important now too and Onana would be a brilliant signing with how good he is with the ball at his feet. 

Would say the plan is to sell one or two of Fred/McTominay/Van de Beek as well as Henderson, Williams, Telles and Bailly. Whatever we get for them is the striker budget. 

Yeah, it all makes headlines, but similar to Chelsea, they will now clear the deadwood. That’s what these clubs can do, given their squad sizes.

Think we will return for Tierney at some point. Wouldn’t give them anything over £30m though.

Chelsea’s insane revenue from player sales actually explains away a lot of their spend. Another year out of the CL could make things very tight for them though.

Arsenal haven’t made nearly as much. Like I think they are closer to us over the last 4-5 years and we’ve made next to nothing. Chelsea have made like half a billion.