Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Levy is going to drag this Kane situation ad infinitum in search of every last euro, totally oblivious to the fact it is weighing that club down.

Fucking sell him and move on, you can't have that nonsense almost every summer. 

He clearly wants to go, get it over and done with and move on.

Obviously I don't want Spurs to get things right so ^^^^ hope they don't actually do the above, but jesus christ, it's such a boring never ending story, even for non Spurs fans.

50 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

I didn't know Fabinho had been bad (?) for Liverpool. Wasn't he good but Keita crap?

Had a poor season just like the rest of them. £40m for him is a fair price given his performances last year, but really thought he had much more to give. Turning 30 this year which means he’d probably have another 3-4 years at the top. Shame as he was unbelievable before last season.

Twitter is full of people moaning at how unfair it is ASM is linked to a Saudi move. It’s beginning to really annoy me how half the league can do business with the Saudi clubs yet we are rumoured to be and it’s suddenly unfair and cheating. Just shut the fuck up 

26 minutes ago, gdm said:

Twitter is full of people moaning at how unfair it is ASM is linked to a Saudi move. It’s beginning to really annoy me how half the league can do business with the Saudi clubs yet we are rumoured to be and it’s suddenly unfair and cheating. Just shut the fuck up 

Well what do you expect? :lol: You’re owned by the country that’s buying the players. That’s precisely the point.

I feel there must be mass panic in football behind the scenes. We're all stuck within a FFP framework, while Saudi can have a billion $ wage bill and there is nothing you can do to stop 
For the Saudi's its a win-win. They either improve their league massively or they force FFP changes in Europe which will allow NUFC and any other club in Europe that they buy to do exactly the same thing.

6 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Well what do you expect? :lol: You’re owned by the country that’s buying the players. That’s precisely the point.

I get it but it doesn’t take much effort and understanding to realise there isn’t any bending of the rules or getting an upper hand. It just comes across as bitterness. don’t hear any of the bitching and moaning when it’s their club selling a cast off to Saudi 

it’s been happening for years with udinese-Watford, the city group and the redbull clubs. It’s nothing new 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

I get it but it doesn’t take much effort and understanding to realise there isn’t any bending of the rules or getting an upper hand. It just comes across as bitterness. don’t hear any of the bitching and moaning when it’s their club selling a cast off to Saudi 

No, although there‘s been an absolute ton of bitching and moaning about Chelsea getting bailed out by the Saudi league. Including in here.

If you’re owned by a country, and that country is going to give you a ton of money to take a player off your hands, it looks dodgy. That’s inescapable and part of the price of taking their money. I feel like you just have to suck up the opprobrium tbh, however unfair it might feel. You might actually be the bad guy, through no fault of your own, obviously.

With Kane, for Newcastle the best result is he sees out his contract - Spurs would be stronger this season but would forego the £80m revenue and with Kane having 9 months left it would be a total distraction for them all year.

8 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

With Kane, for Newcastle the best result is he sees out his contract - Spurs would be stronger this season but would forego the £80m revenue and with Kane having 9 months left it would be a total distraction for them all year.

I think he will sign a new contract if he’s not sold in the summer.

27 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

No, although there‘s been an absolute ton of bitching and moaning about Chelsea getting bailed out by the Saudi league. Including in here.

If you’re owned by a country, and that country is going to give you a ton of money to take a player off your hands, it looks dodgy. That’s inescapable and part of the price of taking their money. I feel like you just have to suck up the opprobrium tbh, however unfair it might feel. You might actually be the bad guy, through no fault of your own, obviously.

The rumoured fee seems to be in line with what other clubs are being offered for their players though. I'm not sure what angers fans of other clubs more, the idea that we won't do things by the book, or the lack of evidence that we aren't.