Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Newcastle, and a line of clubs would have easily have had Kovacic and Gvardiol for the fees that they are going to Man City.

I don’t understand. Surely the players would want to go to Man City over any other club? 

2 hours ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Maybe I'm suspicious.... Gundogan to Barca (Ferran Soriano), then Kovacic and Gvardiol to City going under the "meda radar"

Newcastle, and a line of clubs would have easily have had Kovacic and Gvardiol for the fees that they are going to Man City.

Gvardiol wasn't under the radar, they were after him all summer and then just got it completed last week

2 hours ago, Interpolic said:

:thup: The latest I heard was Brighton were insisting Chelsea matched Liverpool's bid if they still wanted him. Maybe Brighton are asking for more again but Chelsea are so fucking daft they've potentially just decided they prefer round numbers. 

This post is hurting my brain, because technically £115 000 000 is a round number, but it's not really a round number in the way Polic means :lol:

6 minutes ago, Nobody said:

This post is hurting my brain, because technically £115 000 000 is a round number, but it's not really a round number in the way Polic means :lol:

:lol: eh?! It's rounder than £111m, innit. Nearest 5 and that :lol:

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

For the 10000th time. That’s not his job. 

Well Shearer would disagree - 21:28 from We Are Newcastle United - and I quote "Sporting Director Dan Ashworth has been tasked with finding players who could make an immediate impact".  And he then continues to plug Gordon. So it seems you've been wrong 10,000 times - it is part of his job to identify players.

Edited by duo

1 hour ago, duo said:

Well Shearer would disagree - 21:28 from We Are Newcastle United - and I quote "Sporting Director Dan Ashworth has been tasked with finding players who could make an immediate impact".  And he then continues to plug Gordon. So it seems you've been wrong 10,000 times - it is part of his job to identify players.

Ashworth isn't a scout. He's the "cog that turns all the wheels". 

The scouts find the players and pass them to Ashworth, Eddie and the owners to decide who to sign.  The Brighton gems weren't found directly by him but were most likely given the nod to sign by him. 

Edited by Scotty66

Imagine a player turning down the mighty Liverpool !! I mean if Klopp wants you it's law that you have go, who the hell does he think he is !! 

*in other news* I never thought the transfer window would make me laugh, proper little chuckle I had, good times.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Be worried if I was a palace fan, Zaha gone, Olise close to going and now maybe Eze.

They should be shutting bricks, such high turnover of first team players is begging to be relegated. 

they might get away with it due to bottom of the league looking weak as piss. 

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

They should be shutting bricks, such high turnover of first team players is begging to be relegated. 

they might get away with it due to bottom of the league looking weak as piss. 

Aye, Sheff Utd, Luton and Wolves wins this weekend might make a few enter the transfer market next week

5 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Ashworth isn't a scout. He's the "cog that turns all the wheels". 

The scouts find the players and pass them to Ashworth, Eddie and the owners to decide who to sign.  The Brighton gems weren't found directly by him but were most likely given the nod to sign by him. 

I never said he was a scout. But he is involved in recruitment. 

47 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Would love to see the horrible cunts melt down with their 8 year deals dragging them underwater like a financial anchor. Toad Brolley has a face you’d never tire of kicking.

The Chelsea situation is what we’re doing so well to avoid. I’m sure Eddie would love to pump in £600m in a year on new players, but we don’t have any way to balance out the books with that spend. Chelsea always seem to have a crop of players they can shift for millions. We’ll get there eventually, but it’s going to take long-term planning as we keep being told 

16 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Would love to see the horrible cunts melt down with their 8 year deals dragging them underwater like a financial anchor. Toad Brolley has a face you’d never tire of kicking.

I would have said punching but I see you’re going all in

55 minutes ago, duo said:

I never said he was a scout. But he is involved in recruitment. 

Yeah he definitely is but many people think it's solely him who found the hidden gems at Brighton and that's just not what he does. He's involved with everything at the club even the woman's team etc

Edited by Scotty66