Other clubs' transfers

Greg

8 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Think the money that Liverpool get for Salah now, might do them better than keeping him. 31 and on the decline. I know he scored 19 last season but when players get past 31 and start declining, the drop off can be quite rapid. How much more are you getting out of Salah as their star player? Considering his wages and current value. It might we worth cashing in. 

Klopp will have to come up with something else other than the 'VVD diag over the top to Salah' tactic

4 minutes ago, Viana said:

I'm surprised we aren't in for him given talk of a $10m release clause. 

Was just reading up on him a bit and he’s been playing on the wing it seems with someone behind him so makes a little more sense. 

Fede Redondo should be being scouted too. If he’s even half as good as his old man but with better working knees…

22 hours ago, leffe186 said:

I was genuinely shocked at how (it seemed to me) Liverpool had declined since I was last there. Especially in comparison to Manchester. Might actually be a factor that people who have played here for a bit - like Lavia - might take into consideration.

Worked in the city since 98, Technically lived here since 06.

Other than the stolen capital of culture event, the city has had no investment for Decades. It’s a run down deprived city full gangsters and aggressive people.  

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=merseyside+footballers+burglarised&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

You bloody love Brighton, man :lol: stop fawning over Bloom! 

Cos we have Ashworth I think people have over inflated his contribution to their success. Or they think it’s one particular trick they’ve employed.  

And if we can sell a player or two the way Brighton have - we’ll be able to spend how we want.

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Think the money that Liverpool get for Salah now, might do them better than keeping him. 31 and on the decline. I know he scored 19 last season but when players get past 31 and start declining, the drop off can be quite rapid. How much more are you getting out of Salah as their star player? Considering his wages and current value. It might we worth cashing in. 

Definitely could go either way. Never easy to replace someone like him even with infinite money but he's getting old. Looked sharp on Sunday but players of his age can hit the wall surprisingly quickly. Personally I would hold on for this season as they are guaranteed to get massive money for him next summer too from the Saudis no matter how he does this season. 

I think this has now become the biggest shake up in football since clubs were allowed to buy more then three foreign players per team.

And one thing is for certain... The premier League are no longer the biggest fish in the pound. 

We will still have the best product and league but it does make you wonder if this and Chelsea etc inflating fees  will start to cripple or limit the spending at some premier League clubs.

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

How long until the Saudi Pro League becomes the best league in world football and the PL dwindles away to nothing?

Literally never. 

Edited by cubaricho

It takes more than just having the best players to make a league the best in the world.

When was the last time the best 3 players in the world all played in the Premier League, for example? Never?

People love our league because they see the tradition, the excitement, the passion of it and they want a bit of it. It's also handily in the English language.

Nobody is ever going to give much of a shit about the result of Al-Jankovic vs Al-Jarreau.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

Surely other potential buyers will look at that Maguire demand and think twice.

I think this kills his career to be honest. He would have been perfectly suited to West Ham and could have got back to his best, which is a good Premier League defender. 

Instead he's demanded a huge payoff, and when he hasn't got it he's decided he'd rather be a fifth choice centre back and sit on the bench. We preferred our left back in central defence instead of him ffs.