Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Never heard of this Romanian defender Spurs are signing and I'm already sick to death of him already

Definitely a slow transfer window for Romano to get his teeth stuck into

53 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Never heard of this Romanian defender Spurs are signing and I'm already sick to death of him already

Definitely a slow transfer window for Romano to get his teeth stuck into

It’s only Jan 10th, there’s not a lot overtly going on yet. The miracle is that it’s Spurs doing it. 

Right lads, any of you Serie A experts seen much of this Dragusin guy? @ponsaelius

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Is it what we are doing? 

Spurs are the only club who have done anything so far arnt they, other then maybe Diaz to Sheff United. Seems the market is just slow at the moment, I mean even Chelsea havent signed a player yet :lol: 

Just now, 54 said:

Spurs are the only club who have done anything so far arnt they, other then maybe Diaz to Sheff United. Seems the market is just slow at the moment, I mean even Chelsea havent signed a player yet :lol: 

Doesn’t alter the fact of what I’m saying mind. And who knows? It might change and we get someone in today. 

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Bit harsh on us isn’t it ? 

Exactly. Spurs sat in FFP breathing room from the Kane sale and freeing Lloris off the books. They’ve got that headway to make deals whereas half the PL have to wait for the accounts to tick over to the next year.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Exactly. Spurs sat in FFP breathing room from the Kane sale and freeing Lloris off the books. They’ve got that headway to make deals whereas half the PL have to wait for the accounts to tick over to the next year.

Spurs like Liverpool - work to real-world accounting standards not just the FFP accounting standards. You would think that would lower their spending power.

22 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Is it what we are doing? 

No, we have pretty much reached our ffp limit, they have spent as much as they can to this point. Can’t criticise them over the backing they have given Howe so far imo.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

No, we have pretty much reached our ffp limit, they have spent as much as they can to this point. Can’t criticise them over the backing they have given Howe so far imo.

Im not critiquing anything, what I said is more of a statement. 

Personally I’d prefer we do nothing rather than get in short term fixes at some expense. 

14 hours ago, leffe186 said:

He’s out of the German side with a home Euros coming up, which he’s desperate to play in and so needs games. Supposedly Ange convinced him and thinks he’ll play a big part. The podcast talks about a couple of reasons why his game might suit Ange. It also suggested that there weren’t really any suitable teams in Germany that might have taken him on.

From Leipzig’s POV presumably they can get a high earner off the books who’s not really part of their plans, and they don’t feel they can get a good fee from anywhere. From our POV it‘s a bit of a no-brainer - he seems to fit the system, is experienced and direct, and if nothing else he can cover for Son over the next few weeks.

I could see that tbh, at that price it's probably worth a punt. But a forward lives or dies by his goals at the end of the day, will be interesting to see how that pans out. Fair play to Ange for backing his own judgement though.

31 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Im not critiquing anything, what I said is more of a statement. 

Personally I’d prefer we do nothing rather than get in short term fixes at some expense. 

Maybe you didn’t mean it this way, but “sitting on our hands” makes it sound like we’re not trying. 

17 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Maybe you didn’t mean it this way, but “sitting on our hands” makes it sound like we’re not trying. 

To be frank, and I know this isn’t a popular take but we aren’t really are we? Again, from the media takes we are getting we are actively sitting on our hands waiting for nearer the end of the window to maybe hopefully get a loan for a player who hasn’t played much in the last two years. 

Please do correct me if I’m wrong but we don’t appear to be in a hurry. Make of that what you will. 

10 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

To be frank, and I know this isn’t a popular take but we aren’t really are we? Again, from the media takes we are getting we are actively sitting on our hands waiting for nearer the end of the window to maybe hopefully get a loan for a player who hasn’t played much in the last two years. 

Please do correct me if I’m wrong but we don’t appear to be in a hurry. Make of that what you will. 

Yeah but like others have said (and you even seem to acknowledge at one point) we aren’t in a position to dictate the speed of our business.

Let’s assume for argument sake EH is only wanting to add KP. Man City have set the parameters of the deal allegedly (£7m loan fee) and we can’t meet them so trying to negotiate the price down. Meanwhile Man City have the whole window to find someone able to meet their demands and if not they know they can come back to us last few days of the window or just decide to keep him as no real skin off their nose either way FFP wise this window.

What are you realistically expecting us to do in that scenario?

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yeah but like others have said (and you even seem to acknowledge at one point) we aren’t in a position to dictate the speed of our business.

Let’s assume for argument sake EH is only wanting to add KP. Man City have set the parameters of the deal allegedly (£7m loan fee) and we can’t meet them so trying to negotiate the price down. Meanwhile Man City have the whole window to find someone able to meet their demands and if not they know they can come back to us last few days of the window or just decide to keep him as no real skin off their nose either way FFP wise this window.

What are you realistically expecting us to do in that scenario?

I don’t have any expectations, we’ve made in our bed in the summer and now are being dictated to. 

we can’t rewind the clock and hindsight is 20/20. 

although, I must admit if everyone agrees we’ve what I’ve said I’m not sure what we are debating?

I don't agree with what you said. I think we are putting every penny we can into action. Without trying to go through all the details of revenue and spending, I think you can get a good picture of where we sit with FFP just by how we structured the Hall move. Add that to the fact we made basically the bare minimum in the Champions League and we're on course for less PL money than last season (which we probably expected). There just won't be a lot there.

If your problem is with how we spent our money in the summer then fair enough. But that's not the same thing as "sitting on our hands." 

I think we do have FFP wriggle room, but it's precisely a little wriggle room. If we use it now, we won't be able to flex in the summer.

They don't seem to consider RW an urgent priority like I do. Besides that nothing requires an immediate upgrade with the possible exception of DM depending on Howe's tactical plan. Kalvin Phillips turns 29 this year - we should not sign him permanently, and any option (not period) should be a cut-price deal under £25m IMO. City won't go for that now so yes we are sitting on our hands and watching the market for opportunities.

I think a loan and an option for Ramsdale would be good and all but these are not worth permanently signing.

With Arsenal out the FA Cup, there's a good chance Ramsdale won't start another game this season. He's not even the CL goalie.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

I don’t have any expectations, we’ve made in our bed in the summer and now are being dictated to. 

we can’t rewind the clock and hindsight is 20/20. 

although, I must admit if everyone agrees we’ve what I’ve said I’m not sure what we are debating?

You stating that we are sitting on our hands as if we aren’t doing anything. Like you say in one hand you’ve probably agreed that was not what you intended to say but in other you are still ?

These type of deals seem to be getting more common the last few years, teams sending out players on loan but extending their contract at the same time 

Just now, joeyt said:

These type of deals seem to be getting more common the last few years, teams sending out players on loan but extending their contract at the same time 

Wonder if that helps their FFP a little.

Without FFP I’d presume Arsenal would be paying 80-100M for a striker about now.

Do Arse have FFP problems after buying a 100M player? Oh, the injustice of it.

No players in for us and its already January 10th. When is the "Acceptable or not?" poll scheduled for? [emoji38]

49 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Wonder if that helps their FFP a little.

Without FFP I’d presume Arsenal would be paying 80-100M for a striker about now.

He was only bought for £100k or so, cant imagine it makes any difference there, except hes in a bigger market for a future transfer now assuming he plays