Other clubs' transfers

Greg

9 hours ago, GeordieT said:

Fairly widely reported now. Although seems they are wide apart on valuation.

Seems that's the way Ratcliffe is gonna play it generally now then. Reach agreement with who they want then low ball on the fee.

On 11/06/2024 at 22:22, Nobody said:

Pretty sure Brummie has said that the amortisation on Luiz is already done, so selling him is that 'pure FFP profit' that their owner talked about. 

Amortisation is never ‘done’.   KDB still has an amortised figure. It’s just very low. So you sign a player for 50m on a 5 year deal. 10m per year. But after the 3rd season you extend him for another 5 years. So 30m has been amortised with 20m left.  That 20m is then amortised over the new 5 year deal so it’s 4m per year. 

I think the only way a player becomes 100% amortised is if the players contract is only renewed at the very end of the contract.  

Luiz was signed for 15m ish iirc.  He’s played 3 or 4 of a 5 year contract (or something). So only 1/5 or 2/5 of his fee is on his book value. So the transfer is mostly book profit.  But it’s not pure profit like an academy graduate. 

I’ve said this before. Luiz would’ve wanted Tielemans money to stay. Thats 7.5m-10m a year.  Selling him makes sense on a lot of fronts. But the fee is so poor. 

36 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Amortisation is never ‘done’.   KDB still has an amortised figure. It’s just very low. So you sign a player for 50m on a 5 year deal. 10m per year. But after the 3rd season you extend him for another 5 years. So 30m has been amortised with 20m left.  That 20m is then amortised over the new 5 year deal so it’s 4m per year. 

I think the only way a player becomes 100% amortised is if the players contract is only renewed at the very end of the contract.  

Luiz was signed for 15m ish iirc.  He’s played 3 or 4 of a 5 year contract (or something). So only 1/5 or 2/5 of his fee is on his book value. So the transfer is mostly book profit.  But it’s not pure profit like an academy graduate. 

I’ve said this before. Luiz would’ve wanted Tielemans money to stay. Thats 7.5m-10m a year.  Selling him makes sense on a lot of fronts. But the fee is so poor. 

What I don't know is -  does the additional players count as book value?

So £20m cash, McKennie £20m, other lad £10m. Does that make it a 50m transfer on the books?

If that's the case. It gets them out of PSR bother this season and unlocks a CL spending spree (the 2-3 quality players they need for the fight).

Clubs often give permission for buyers to speak with players agents and agree terms before agreeing the transfer fee.

I think it helps selling clubs - the buyers know they can get the player so the seller can push for a few extra quid as the buyer is so far down the track, especially true when it’s a player that is going to be sold - and in this case Everton need to sell him

I can’t get my head around why he’s making such low offers. He’s not going to look like a tough negotiator when he has to raise his opening bids by 50%+ to get who he wants.

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

I can’t get my head around why he’s making such low offers. He’s not going to look like a tough negotiator when he has to raise his opening bids by 50%+ to get who he wants.

Because he’s fucking clueless.

23 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Such a weird thing to do. Even a noodle like me know they want 60m+.

It’s an insulting offer, I get not going huge on the first bid, but 35 million is a joke.

Yeah, it's fine to go in low at first but it's got to be reasonable and in the same ballpark. Can imagine Everton are looking for at least double that, not saying they'll get it or he's worth it, but going in at 35 is ridiculous, it's straight out of the Ashley playbook and screams smalltime, tyre-kicking, time-wasting arseholes. Wonder if he's doing the bidding himself? 

8 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Seems that's the way Ratcliffe is gonna play it generally now then. Reach agreement with who they want then low ball on the fee.

Not exactly following the rules, but that is the way most transfers are done. If NUFC is interested in a player, then one of your representatives will reach out to the agent and get a sense of the interest, salary expectations, other clubs you are competing with, etc. The details and the fine print may be negotiated once the bid is accepted, but the general terms are almost always agreed before then. What is the point in Newcastle engaging in protracted negotiations with another club only to find that the player wants twice what you are willing to offer in wages?

Hughes is very close to Iraola's agent, who is also Alonso's agent. So Alonso's agent conveyed to Hughes and Edwards very early that the chances of Alonso moving to LFC are slim to none in the summer.  It is not right, but it is the way things work. 

8 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Not exactly following the rules, but that is the way most transfers are done. If NUFC is interested in a player, then one of your representatives will reach out to the agent and get a sense of the interest, salary expectations, other clubs you are competing with, etc. The details and the fine print may be negotiated once the bid is accepted, but the general terms are almost always agreed before then. What is the point in Newcastle engaging in protracted negotiations with another club only to find that the player wants twice what you are willing to offer in wages?

Hughes is very close to Iraola's agent, who is also Alonso's agent. So Alonso's agent conveyed to Hughes and Edwards very early that the chances of Alonso moving to LFC are slim to none in the summer.  It is not right, but it is the way things work. 

Wasn't really disputing how transfers are probably worked through these days, with player agreements (or close to) before bids are made to/accepted by selling clubs.

Was more a point that Ratcliffe seems like he's got the 'we wont be held to ransom' attitude and throwing low ball offers around, thinking that once an individuals head is turned they'll agitate for the move and selling club will be forced to accept said low ball offer.

They've done exactly that for Ashworth. Consistenly calling him the best Sporting Director around, but then offering less than we paid Brighton for him.

Edited by TK-421

13 minutes ago, midds said:

Yeah, it's fine to go in low at first but it's got to be reasonable and in the same ballpark. Can imagine Everton are looking for at least double that, not saying they'll get it or he's worth it, but going in at 35 is ridiculous, it's straight out of the Ashley playbook and screams smalltime, tyre-kicking, time-wasting arseholes. Wonder if he's doing the bidding himself? 

Yep, the evidence keeps piling up.

Lowball offer for Ashworth.

News of manager candidates being shocked at the low salary and transfer budget.

Lowball offer for Branthwaite.

Let's keep watching though ...

1 hour ago, Joelinton7 said:

Man U low balling, well I never 

Surprise of the century from Brexit Jim. You’d almost think he has no grounding in reasonable value because he uses cheap overseas workers and likes to cut costs.

Man United are genuinely one of the top few biggest clubs in the world but they way they are operating under the rat is so embarrassing. Wanting a stadium built for them, derisory offers and moaning to the press about it being unfair other clubs want fair value for their assets. That's without mentioning even the way they treat Baldy and then had to offer him a new contract cos nobody else wanted the gig :lol:

He had no plan of what to do once he got his stake. It’s an ego project for him. He’s got no idea, no money (to realistically compete) and thinks he can get by winging it on PR bluff and being “not the Glazers”. 

Edited by Joelinton7