Other clubs' transfers

Greg

7 minutes ago, NowakThePolak said:

No.

But going back to the topic. We should've been all over Matt O'Riley at that price.

Jesus Christ, put those cans of lager away.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

Philogene coming back to us - good move.

Hull have a 30% sell on clause. So we sold them a player with a sell on clause, then bought him back ourselves, pocketing the 30%.

His surname sounds like a virus strand. Glad we weren't in for him

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

They've brought some stunning craic to the table, you have to acknowledge that

It’s a step up from 6 in a row and FTM but I wouldn’t be signing them up for raconteur status just yet.

15 minutes ago, brummie said:

Philogene coming back to us - good move.

Hull have a 30% sell on clause. So we sold them a player with a sell on clause, then bought him back ourselves, pocketing the 30%.

So he's going back to Hull next summer? 

6 hours ago, Froggy said:

No I think it was more as a replacement for Eriksen. The vision was Casemiro, Mount and Fernandes, but Mount is capable of playing in many positions if required. 

Mainoo is obviously the best midfielder in history now, so Mount is a backup to three or four positions. 

Where will he fit in ten Hag’s 4-2-3-1 then?

The vision at the start of last season was Fernandes and Mount in twin No 8 roles in a 4-1-4-1 formation, with Casemiro as a defensive midfielder. They won 1-0 but a lack of control in midfield was a concern, with Wolves playing through them on numerous occasions. The next game Mount was stationed slightly deeper in a 2-0 away defeat against Tottenham.

Mount’s game has never been about dropping deep and dictating possession. He has an excellent passing range but isn’t a defensive midfielder in a 4-2-3-1. He excels in his off-the-ball work, whether that is pressing the opposition or finding space to add a different attacking dimension. His game is about finding space further forward with perceptive, perfectly-timed runs.

If they can find a role for him I think he Will be excellent next season.

Be astounded if he’s ever considered excellent again. His game is built upon finding space in the final 30 yards and he’s a very good striker of the ball. He’s not good at anything else in my opinion. He’s not a playmaker, he’s not got an all round game