Other clubs' transfers

Greg

23 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

So De Light or Martinez will sit on bench then? 

De Ligt isn't a Man United player, so wouldn't expect him on the bench no. 

If he does arrive though, he'll probably start more games than Yoro. Given we're in the Europa League though, they're all going to get plenty of appearances. 

6 hours ago, Froggy said:

Yoro is going to play. 

Hate all this chat of how Newcastle aren't in the position to do this and that as well. You've already spent £65m on understudy full backs have you not? 

We have to sell the same as you and are still dangerously close to breaching PSR. Greenwood, Kambwala, Van De Beek and Fernandez have all been sold and with Casemiro likely to follow. Listening to offers for McTominay as well. 

Newcastle have spent a lot of money, though less than Man U, and way less when you take wages into account, which you should.

The big difference is that we can’t really afford to miss, whereas evidently Man U can afford to miss every summer and still remain the biggest spenders in the league. I wouldn’t even have a problem with this if Man U’s fanbase didn’t whine on all the time about other clubs having some money to spend.

30 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not think he’d expect to start most games at his age?

I don't think you can pick the best possible squad with that mindset

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

I don't think you can pick the best possible squad with that mindset

That will be Toney’s though. So how do you accommodate it? It’s his “big” move.

19 minutes ago, LFEE said:

That will be Toney’s though. So how do you accommodate it? It’s his “big” move.

How will Mbappe cope in Madrid, how did Shearer cope when he came here, we need 22 of the best players in every position.

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

De Ligt isn't a Man United player, so wouldn't expect him on the bench no. 

If he does arrive though, he'll probably start more games than Yoro. Given we're in the Europa League though, they're all going to get plenty of appearances. 

I really think if De Ligt goes to Man United, they'd put Martinez in at Left back and play the 3 of them.

Martinez played left back a lot of Ajax and moved into the middle too, like Zinchenko has done for Arsenal. Inverted full back role. Luke Shaw can't be relied on anymore.

1 minute ago, BrianSwan said:

I really think if De Ligt goes to Man United, they'd put Martinez in at Left back and play the 3 of them.

Martinez played left back a lot of Ajax and moved into the middle too, like Zinchenko has done for Arsenal. Inverted full back role. Luke Shaw can't be relied on anymore.

Absolutely no chance of this. Agree Shaw is unreliable now due to his injury record, but Malacia is back in training and Dalot can play there as well. 

We do need a left back still, but it's not as pressing this transfer window. 

If Zirkzee, Yoro and Ugarte are the only signings we'd be very happy with that. 

20 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Is there anything more boring than the Rabiot saga?

Going to guess he’ll end up at Marseilles or Roma (based on absolutely nothing)

24 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Absolutely no chance of this. Agree Shaw is unreliable now due to his injury record, but Malacia is back in training and Dalot can play there as well. 

We do need a left back still, but it's not as pressing this transfer window. 

If Zirkzee, Yoro and Ugarte are the only signings we'd be very happy with that. 

And Rashford out ?

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Who would realistically pay Rashford’s wages based on his ability? It’s only PSG and Chelsea who’d be stupid enough 

I'm probably in a minority but I think Rashford would be great for us.  If you ignore the wages for a minute.

He definitely needs a new challenge and a place that loves him.  Newcastle all the way for me.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Ramsey to spurs in a swap for Lo Celso plus (villa also get 19 million) doing the rounds on Twitter.

Can’t see that happening. 

For a start, he’s got a broken foot which was bolted together again, lasted two matches and then broke again.