Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Is flogging a player like Diaby really a good thing? Only played in England one season and surely has scope to be much better with more time/games under his belt.  Not sure this is a great deal for villa 

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

I think Villa have had better transfers this summer that ours last, should give them a better chance in Europe.

I’m the opposite tbh, not impressed with their business so far. 

16 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Is flogging a player like Diaby really a good thing? Only played in England one season and surely has scope to be much better with more time/games under his belt.  Not sure this is a great deal for villa 

I think if you can make a £20mil profit ona player who has had a so-so one season in England it's a great bit of business

He might come back to Europe in the future and play well but it's a no brainer for them imo

26 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

He was pretty average last season.

it was also hard to have him in the same side as Bailey. 

if he wants to go to Saudi, that says a lot about where his head is. 

bought for 35 plus add ons, sold a year later for 25 profit. I’d take the money. 

Duran is a promising kid but he’s clearly trouble off the pitch hence Emery and Monchi moving him on. That will be at least 20m profit again. 

We shifted two kids with a couple

of hours first team experience between them for almost £30m. Kellyman we bought from Derby’s academy for 600k two years ago and sold to Chelsea for 19m

Our business this summer has been spectacular. I am so impressed by the joined up thinking, we have strengthened and massively improved our PSR position. We are all over the raising funds side. 

More strength, more depth, PSR problems gone, money in the bank and it’s only the middle of July. 

Edited by brummie

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If Romano is correct and the fee is €60 million total package, they've pretty much got their money back for him, but it'll be great for PSR.

:bob: surely it's not that hard avoiding buying players from direct rivals?  It's like it is not even in their thinking.

45 minutes ago, brummie said:

bought for 35 plus add ons, sold a year later for 25 profit. I’d take the money. 

Duran is a promising kid but he’s clearly trouble off the pitch hence Emery and Monchi moving him on. That will be at least 20m profit again. 

of hours first team experience between them for almost £30m. Kellyman we bought from Derby’s academy for 600k two years ago and sold to Chelsea for 19m

Our business this summer has been spectacular. I am so impressed by the joined up thinking, we have strengthened and massively improved our PSR position. We are all over the raising funds side. 

More strength, more depth, PSR problems gone, money in the bank and it’s only the middle of July. 

And buying back the kids you flogged will sort the European squad issues.

Fucking Villa, man 

17 minutes ago, duo said:

:bob: surely it's not that hard avoiding buying players from direct rivals?  It's like it is not even in their thinking.

I'd imagine the Newcastle and Saudi Pro League projects are quite siloed from each other, probably not much joined up thinking going on.

54 minutes ago, brummie said:

Any noise at your end regards us sniffing around for Bailey?

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Any noise at your end regards us sniffing around for Bailey?

none at all. 

i think there’s zero chance we’d sell him. 

Edited by brummie

22 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'd imagine the Newcastle and Saudi Pro League projects are quite siloed from each other, probably not much joined up thinking going on.

I could understand if Al Ittihad had different owners but the are the same - PIF.

16 minutes ago, duo said:

I could understand if Al Ittihad had different owners but the are the same - PIF.

It's not like they're a regular company though. They're a sovereign wealth fund with a huge amount of investments falling into different portfolios. Unfortunately, domestic portfolios are always like to take precedent.

Random observation, because it isn't a transfer, but it is 'other club', and let's revisit this post in May, but I am calling it now, Morgan Rogers is going to have a fucking insanely good season. 

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

And buying back the kids you flogged will sort the European squad issues.

Fucking Villa, man 

I was hugely surprised when we sold Philogene last summer, he had such a great pre-season.

Good to see we're not too proud to go and buy him back again through the clause in his contract (and exploiting the 30% sell-on fee, with it being to ourselves to lower the fee).

Impressed Emery has no problem admitting they were wrong.

Crazy the Diaby fee, they really don't mind spending a bomb on players 

Well jealous of the FFP boost villa are getting 

Also wonder who'd they want to replace, imagine we'd be in the same market for RW.... Unless Bailey is gonna be their first choice RW

2 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Crazy the Diaby fee, they really don't mind spending a bomb on players 

Well jealous of the FFP boost villa are getting 

Also wonder who'd they want to replace, imagine we'd be in the same market for RW.... Unless Bailey is gonna be their first choice RW

Bailey having such an insanely good season at RW last year (see my previous posts on here about how Bailey was the only player Emery hadn't improved - how wrong is it possible to be) is a big part of why we are ok with Diaby leaving.

It meant that Diaby had to play more centrally, and he struggled in that role. We couldn't make Bailey and Diaby in the same side work, which massively influences the decision re Diaby. 

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

Bailey having such an insanely good season at RW last year (see my previous posts on here about how Bailey was the only player Emery hadn't improved - how wrong is it possible to be) is a big part of why we are ok with Diaby leaving.

It meant that Diaby had to play more centrally, and he struggled in that role. We couldn't make Bailey and Diaby in the same side work, which massively influences the decision re Diaby. 

Gotcha! Heard he did well last season though can't say I watched enough to say it myself 

So where do you see you guys reinvesting the funds? As you have beefed up the CM slots a lot

Just now, janpawel said:

Gotcha! Heard he did well last season though can't say I watched enough to say it myself 

So where do you see you guys reinvesting the funds? As you have beefed up the CM slots a lot

Right back plus another option up front (assuming Duran goes, which tbh, I hope he does)