Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

If so I wouldn’t be replacing him with Lukaku.

Yeah, your selling an asset which his at peak for one which is past peak value and expensive. Doesn’t really make sense unless you have someone shit hot in the academy who will be top notch in a couple of years and you view Lukaku as the mentor. 

What are the rules on tapping up players these days?

I'm not naive enough to think agents and clubs don't communicate but if players are rumoured to have agreed personal terms before a bid has been made and accepted by the club, is that technically not allowed 

Edited by joeyt

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I'm not naive enough to think agents and clubs don't communicate but if players are rumoured to have agreed personal terms before a bid has been made and accepted by the club, is that technically not allowed 

Shouldn’t be but like all things in football it’s the Wild West now.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

City can afford him. Barcelona will need to find some more “financial levers” e.g. selling more of their future revenue streams to bring him in.

Not really our concern, I'd rather not have him lining up against us in the PL. Let Barca crack on with it shitbag club or not.

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

While there's probably some dodgy informal stuff in every transfer you can negotiate personal terms in advance with a club's written permission.

Doubt either club wants to waste time negotiating a fee and then find the player can't agree terms.

Villa are in injury to Watkins away from starting Cameron Archer in the Champions's League. Lukaku is still good but they would surely need help with those wages.

Spoiler

Find it a bit odd how many are instantly thinking they are selling Watkins after the season we just had. You need a squad and they even have the new 8 game group stage to handle in the CL.