Other clubs' transfers

Greg

40 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Where’s this bottom half crack coming from? With the likes of Garnacho, Mainoo, Fernandes and Martinez alone they’ve got the hallmarks of a top 6 side. Throw in Shaw, Onana, Malacia, Hoijland and the new signings and they’ll be well stocked and have depth to manage Europa and the PL.

I agree. They have, according to many of their fans, the best squad in the Prem, probably one of the best in Europe. They also have their best post war manager in Ten Hag. 

They're very confident going into the season. I'm not familiar with any of their players but their belief is very convincing.

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I mean, if you can't enjoy Man Utd not being the best team in the country anymore then I'm not sure I want to be involved in football. 

Could be an age thing. Anyone who didn't experience the 90's may think our hatred of the red clubs is a bit weird.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Could be an age thing. Anyone who didn't experience the 90's may think our hatred of the red clubs is a bit weird.

They ruined parts of my childhood, and those kids that jumped ship in primary school can suck it up and rot forever.

8 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I agree. They have, according to many of their fans, the best squad in the Prem, probably one of the best in Europe. They also have their best post war manager in Ten Hag. 

They're very confident going into the season. I'm not familiar with any of their players but their belief is very convincing.

They're a bit of a myth these days, very much like Arsenal were in Wenger's final years. Big club, yes. Title contenders, absolutely not. I bet it absolutely kills a lot of them when they reflect on where they once were.

I don't think I will ever become tired of seeing them bastards whinge.

31 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I havent seen him play all that much outside of the Euros, but is West Ham paying 27m and offering a 4 year contract to Fullkrug, who'll be 32 in February a bit mad. 

I think it's pretty poor business, personally.

Just now, nufc123 said:

"negotiations are ongoing to discuss under value of £65m clause". Why would Bournemouth entertain that.

My guess would be more favourable terms as in player going their way or more money up front. 

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Toney aside I’m not sure who they could realistically get that would be better. There’s obviously something putting teams off Toney.

He's a dick head. Literally.

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I think everyone completely understands the hatred that was born out of jealousy.

It's the modern day agenda that we're bottom half plodders with an incompetent manager now that is a bit weird, especially after we've just won our second trophy in as many seasons despite having more injuries than anyone else over said seasons.

11 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It's the modern day agenda that we're bottom half plodders with an incompetent manager now that is a bit weird, especially after we've just won our second trophy in as many seasons despite having more injuries than anyone else over said seasons.

It’s not really weird though for anyone who has seen you play under EtH and the underlying stats are horrible.

19 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I think everyone completely understands the hatred that was born out of jealousy.

Jealousy is certainly a part of it but it's not the main reason why there's such a deep rooted hatred. It's more to do with the sense of entitlement and the media bias towards the clubs for what seems like forever.

29 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Not just jealousy of success mind. I’d say more so the arrogance of the fan base (albeit a Manc trait) and the fact (for the older lot) they were one of the main culprits for fan violence and where the reason fences were erected so there was no love lost there. My grandad who’s coming up to 10yrs gone (actually died just shy of 101 the morning of the weekend you crashed at mine funnily enough!) used to say your fans were the worst for troublemaking and I can back that up by saying the only away days I’ve suffered verbal and physical threats were my visits to Old Trafford in the mid to late 90’s and that was with my old man and brother keeping a low profile. Much worse than any visit to Roker Park or SOL.

Then you’ve got the fact now that its an open secret with retire officials coming out and confirming how much Fergie had them them in his pocket which although denied at the time was plain to see with opposing teams. 

Then you probably had that celebrity nature of a lot of them jumping on the Man Utd bandwagon and claiming their support when asked in interviews which would probably also come under the jealousy that you mentioned. So there wasn’t a lot to like.

For the record I say this all whilst having a soft spot for them when I was a school kid (due to lack of TV coverage of other teams) and Bryan Robson was probably one of my favourite English players if not favourite player when growing up. Used to always want them to beat Liverpool back in the day. Remember looking forward to the new season starting and you’d just signed Jesper Olsen and were first game on MOTD (typically) and drew 1-1 at OT against Watford in that distinct strip with the white bands around the armpits. Think you won the FA Cup that season with the Whiteside goal against Everton.