Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Chelsea currently have 43 players named on their website as the First Team squad. Need to check who’s U-21, but they have to name a squad of 25 out of that lot.

I slogged through the list. I think 5 players are 21 right now and 9 are definitely U21. If for argument‘s sake they are all considered U21 it’s not so bad (I know at least two of them aren’t but can’t be bothered to check them all). Let’s say there are 12.

They have six keepers. If they ditch/loan three of them that’s down to only 28. In theory they only need to loan out three more players to name everyone. And Lukaku and Gallagher are still on that list.

Just now, Ben said:

Not a transfer but that new contract for Cole Palmer is absolutely fucking stupid, absolutely no need whatsoever 

All about PSR. Reduces it, and when they eventually sell (could be next summer) it’s better for their books.

Football so broken.

1 hour ago, CallumG6 said:

£40m for a 28 year old Palace CB is absolutely bonkers. 

If they want £40m for Anderson just think how much they'll want for Guehi. 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Not a transfer but that new contract for Cole Palmer is absolutely fucking stupid, absolutely no need whatsoever 

Haven’t seen it. What’s the details?

Palace just making transfer fees up. They’re pricing defenders like decent strikers, they got 50M for Wan-Bissaka ffs. Feels like they’re upset at losing Olise for 50M instead of 80M and are over pricing elsewhere.

I wouldn’t be paying 30M for Anderson and I think we’d be justified in walking away from Guehi. Would be a shame but we have to stick to budgets, we can’t overspend if that means we can’t get other deals done and potentially need to sell better players than otherwise needed when PSR comes around.