Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Kind of my point, the chances of success with their model seem so unlikely, can't see how it would matter who their coach is.

Is the model footballing success or money laundering though along with stock piling players to navigate any transfer bans…

Just now, LFEE said:

Is the model footballing success or money laundering though along with stock piling players to navigate any transfer bans…

I suppose it depends on what you believe. I could see that being a big reason for it but we'll likely never know for sure.

Teams aren't convinced enough to give Toney the money he's after to stay in the Prem.

He's mostly played in the lower leagues and having joined Brentford from Peterborough, is apparently on around £20,000 a week.

He is now 28 and is trying to maximise his earnings because he's probably got one more significant contract left.

I understand his thinking. Why that makes him a cunt I will never know.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Teams aren't convinced enough to give Toney the money he's after to stay in the Prem.

He's mostly played in the lower leagues and having joined Brentford from Peterborough, is apparently on around £20,000 a week.

He is now 28 and is trying to maximise his earnings because he's probably got one more significant contract left.

I understand his thinking. Why that makes him a cunt I will never know.

don’t think that’s what makes him a cunt. It’s more other things but I suspect you know this 

Edited by gdm

Just now, gdm said:

don’t think that’s what makes him a cunt. It’s more other things but I suspect you know this 

Well it's been brought up after the post of him going to Saudi.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Well it's been brought up after the post of him going to Saudi.

True but I suspect he’s going to Saudi coz no one fancies him here coz he’s a bit of a cunt.

gets banned for betting, never apologises, goes on a 9 month or however long pitty party about how’s been wronged,  gets backed by the club and he comes back to a hero’s welcome and his first interview he says he wants to leave. Imagine Tonali rocks up before the forest game and says he wants to play for Arsenal [emoji38] 

Edited by gdm

Just now, gdm said:

True but I suspect he’s going to Saudi coz no one fancies him here coz he’s a bit of a cunt

There's been lots of interest in him. It's more likely the money he's after that's causing talks to break down.

This Saudi interest has likely been in the background, and so it's affecting his thinking, and clubs over here would have had to offer him something not miles off the Saudi offer, to have him turn down that opportunity.

It’s slightly disappointing that he fought his way up through the divisions just to end up going to Saudi in his peak years. It does feel like I’m watching a player retire when they go there. I was sure he would be a success in the premier league and I’m sure he would be a success if he got a move to Arsenal or whoever else (maybe not Chelsea).

He wasn’t going to be moving here though so can’t be too disappointed.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

There's been lots of interest in him. It's more likely the money he's after that's causing talks to break down.

This Saudi interest has likely been in the background, and so it's affecting his thinking, and clubs over here would have had to offer him something not miles off the Saudi offer, to have him turn down that opportunity.

Dunno I’m not privy to transfer discussions I’m just saying people think he’s a bit of a cunt 

Just now, Kimbo said:

It’s slightly disappointing that he fought his way up through the divisions just to end up going to Saudi in his peak years. It does feel like I’m watching a player retire when they go there. I was sure he would be a success in the premier league and I’m sure he would be a success if he got a move to Arsenal or whoever else (maybe not Chelsea).

He wasn’t going to be moving here though so can’t be too disappointed.

Yeah, it's unfortunate really.

Like you say he's done well to fight his way back up to the top league and become one of the better strikers in the league.

A huge Saudi offer is going to turn his head because he hasn't had the luxury of making the kind of money others have, and he's now 28.

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Is it? Or is it another FFP fudge ? Ultimately these silly rules are being gamed right left and centre by those clubs who actual want to compete. 

We did the same with the Forrest keeper.