Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, Deuce said:

Liverpool looked extremely good against Brentford at the weekend and have a very deep squad already. Early days yet, and they need answers for when VVD and Salah eventually move on, but they’re hardly in need of a squad refresh. Chiesa would be a terrific addition on a low risk, high reward deal.

Their squad was miles ahead of ours last season, and the gap is only growing.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

How is the gap growing? They have bought a keeper that has been loaned out for the season while they have sold or not given new contracts to a couple of squad players. That's about it.

Our XI's are the same as last season, while we have improved our squad more than them.

50 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Loyd Kelly was signed June 13th. 

:lol: I know, was taking the piss of people admiring Arsenal and Liverpool signing players in the last week of the window as 'how big clubs move'. I'm certain I've read about Merino to Arsenal and Mama to Liverpool well before our interest in Guehi was made public. 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

:lol: I know, was taking the piss of people admiring Arsenal and Liverpool signing players in the last week of the window as 'how big clubs move'. I'm certain I've read about Merino to Arsenal and Mama to Liverpool well before our interest in Guehi was made public. 

Sorry :lol: Hard to tell what's what on here these days.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

They haven't brought in a single starter and are at the risk of losing their three best players of the past years for nothing next summer.

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

They haven't brought in a single starter and are at the risk of losing their three best players of the past years for nothing next summer.

They'll still have them for this season, I'm not really looking beyond that.

Just now, TRon said:

They'll still have them for this season, I'm not really looking beyond that.

But how is the gap only growing if they've only brought in Chiesa who most likely won't be a regular starter? Not even mentioning Klopp going and replacing him with a pretty inexperienced manager at this level.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

But how is the gap only growing if they've only brought in Chiesa who most likely won't be a regular starter? Not even mentioning Klopp going and replacing him with a pretty inexperienced manager at this level.

If they've bought in Chiesa and allegedly Mamardashvili then I'd say the gap is growing pretty conclusively.

Just now, TRon said:

If they've bought in Chiesa and allegedly Mamardashvili then I'd say the gap is growing pretty conclusively.

You said you're not looking beyond this season but Mama was loaned back to Valencia for this season?

Just now, Pata said:

You said you're not looking beyond this season but Mama was loaned back to Valencia for this season?

That will just give him more experience at his club while Liverpool keep top gun Allison happy at the same time. They win on all fronts.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

That will just give him more experience at his club while Liverpool keep top gun Allison happy at the same time. They win on all fronts.

So you are looking beyond this season to a summer where they potentially could lose Salah, VvD and TAA on free transfers. Doubt they all go but can see the negotiations with Salah and VvD being tough due to their age on how long contracts they would want.

9 hours ago, Pata said:

Could say gap growing by likes of Longstaff / Almiron / Murphy etc. we’ve got the peak out of them. Whilst Gravenberch, Szob etc. are developing further for them. 

It'll be interesting to see how little activity there is next season in the Premier League. I feel like every club is at the threshold maximum and can't sign anyone unless they sell someone. That'll be the moment the PL goes "actually this is bad for business, we better change somethign"

11 minutes ago, OCK said:

It'll be interesting to see how little activity there is next season in the Premier League. I feel like every club is at the threshold maximum and can't sign anyone unless they sell someone. That'll be the moment the PL goes "actually this is bad for business, we better change somethign"

Interesting thought but I think the commitment to migrate to squad cost seems pretty set. It’s also important to remember these rules were designed by the clubs themselves, ultimately most of the owners are business people who would love nothing more to reduce cost and increase profit which is what these rules will do. 

Man Utd selling one of the worst professional footballers I've seen in recent years in Hannibal for £9m to Burnley just outlines how bad our academy has been at producing players to sell/keep. In good news though he's an absolute yellow card liability so I'll be keeping an eye on Burnley's starting XI on Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, KDT said:

Man Utd selling one of the worst professional footballers I've seen in recent years in Hannibal for £9m to Burnley just outlines how bad our academy has been at producing players to sell/keep. In good news though he's an absolute yellow card liability so I'll be keeping an eye on Burnley's starting XI on Saturday. 

Really, you think he’s that bad? I’ve not watched him a lot but I saw a couple of games last season in the championship and I thought he looked decent 

51 minutes ago, OCK said:

Becoming a monster league and the demise of European leagues financially has absolutely fucked it in terms of selling players back abroad if it doesn’t work out as 9/20 go back at a massive loss and/or on subsidised deals.