Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

Toney too Saudi bound if no-one comes in at the last minute. If we've ended up with money sitting there, we could do a lot worse. 35M isn't much for an England striker.

I find this one strange. I know he’s had his issues but he’s a handful and definitely capable of starting for a PL team. 

Toney has clearly thought fuck it, and gone to maximise his earnings. 

Funny that no PL club has signed him despite begging for it for months to the point where he was downright disrespectful to Brentford. Look a bit daft now.  3 PL seasons, 36 goals, 0 European appearances and no impact at international level. Will be forgotten about in 10 years. He'll be rich as fuck mind. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Toney has clearly thought fuck it, and gone to maximise his earnings. 

Funny that no PL club has signed him despite begging for it for months to the point where he was downright disrespectful to Brentford. Look a bit daft now.  3 PL seasons, 36 goals, 0 European appearances and no impact at international level. Will be forgotten about in 10 years. He'll be rich as fuck mind. 

He’s at that age whereby premier league clubs just don’t want to commit that much money for him in terms of both salary and transfer fee. The market and probably driven by psr has shifted so much if the player doesn’t have resale value his market is tiny. 

21 minutes ago, Paully said:

[emoji38]

Seeing this fills me with anger and sadness in equal measure. 

I know the game died a while ago, but seeing yanks like him come in and bend the rules, spend voraciously and act like a first class cunt is just wrong.

Just now, CallumG6 said:

I know the game died a while ago, but seeing yanks like him come in and bend the rules, spend voraciously and act like a first class cunt is just wrong.

Don't know why more people don't say it like it is - Yank owners are way, way worse than Arab owners. 

The Arabs are ambitious, and invest heavily in the area etc. Most clubs with Arab owners have ended up being better than what was there before. PSG, Man City, us etc. 
The Americans are hyper capitalist, everything is for money only. Look at Man U, the initial version - who their fans hate. Liverpool fans also hated their US owners. Chelsea too. Which of those are better than what was there before? 

But they don't seem to get the bad press - to sort of quote Ali G - is it coz they iz white?
(Don't get me started on US human rights - probably worse than Saudi, Chinese and Russians at this point). 

17 minutes ago, CallumG6 said:

Well if they can, then why can’t we - non of this bollocks that PL will be upset - horse has already bolted 

I see Wolves are signing Andre from Fluminese, who is highly rated, but top clubs just hadn't pulled the trigger yet.

They already did very well with the Joao Gomes transfer from Flamengo a couple of summers back.

A little envious of the business they are doing in Brazil.

Osimhen desperately wants the Premier League despite the Saudi offer.

They're trying to make the money work for him, and unfortunately, it's looking like it might work.

He's been using the Saudi offer to get Chelsea to improve their terms.