Other clubs' transfers

Greg

10 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

At 31 I doubt he'll be going to one of the big clubs. 

Not sure, we’ll see. He’s a very clever player and amplifies people around him. Not saying he would lead the line for anyone but I can see people being interested. 

That said, I don’t know why he hasn’t been playing more for Liverpool anyway. 

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not sure, we’ll see. He’s a very clever player and amplifies people around him. Not saying he would lead the line for anyone but I can see people being interested. 

That said, I don’t know why he hasn’t been playing more for Liverpool anyway. 

Great player. Very underrated. One of the few attackers who improves every other player in attack. Also, very vital from a pressing point of view.

He has been frequently injured over the last two years. When he returns from injuries takes a while to get going and then the next injury comes along. Needs to constantly play to have an impact. He is not the type to come off the bench and change the game. 

Also, not sure why but we seem to be OK with letting folks off for free at the end of the contract than trying to sell them before the contract ends - Gini, Ox, Keita, Milner, Can, Firmino. 

Everytime I see a Salah interview, he always mentions Firmino(put him in his  best five a side). Pretty much blames losses on his absence. Would be good for Arsenal as a focal point to let other players play their game. 

If he wants to come to us, that’d be nice, too. Imagine what Isak could do with Firmino buzzing around. C’mon Bruno, make the call. 

BTW, Firmino - hottest wife in football. Unreal. 

Edited by Astroblack

1 hour ago, The Bonk said:

Keita was weird to not get something for, same with Firmino, but do you really need the money those players might fetch? Probably easier to see out the contracts and focus on big name signings. 

FSG is very picky about wages. Gini was on 120k per week. Normally, we would have extended his contract at higher wages and sold him to raise transfer monies. Rather than hand out contract extensions, they would rather lose players for free. By the way, this is my best guess, I don't have any inside information. 

Not sure I particularly agree with their strategy, but it is what it is. We lose a lot of players for free compared to other clubs. Mane was the only top player in recent times we sold before the contract ended. 

Edited by rgk_lfc

1 hour ago, Astroblack said:

Everytime I see a Salah interview, he always mentions Firmino(put him in his  best five a side). Pretty much blames losses on his absence. Would be good for Arsenal as a focal point to let other players play their game. 

If he wants to come to us, that’d be nice, too. Imagine what Isak could do with Firmino buzzing around. C’mon Bruno, make the call. 

I highly doubt he has the legs to play in the premier league anymore. He was never the fastest but he is noticeably slow nowadays. His game is all about pressing and harassing defenders and expect his effectiveness to decrease significantly in the coming years. 

1 hour ago, Astroblack said:

Absolute liar.

53 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

FSG is very picky about wages. Gini was on 120k per week. Normally, we would have extended his contract at higher wages and sold him to raise transfer monies. Rather than hand out contract extensions, they would rather lose players for free. By the way, this is my best guess, I don't have any inside information. 

Not sure I particularly agree with their strategy, but it is what it is. We lose a lot of players for free compared to other clubs. Mane was the only top player in recent times we sold before the contract ended. 

I guess it's a different perspective on being shrewd. He was fantastic for you in '16-'17, kinda tapered off performance wise after that. At least in goals and assists, despite getting in a fair amount of games. I suppose that's a reason why FSG didn't bother with a contract extension. 

34 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Nobody is paying any money for either of those players.

I agree for the most part. Keita is only 28 and could probably do a job for Milan as he's rumoured going there. 

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Aye, you’d presume so and aye, I think he was. Would’ve been on buttons in Ecuador.

Turns out there isn’t a releaser.

I think he was on about £2k a week - which by PL standards is really low hence his attempted move - at Arsenal he would have been on at least 70k