Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Maybe they’re talking in a very literal sense, e.g. they’ve got to spend 8 and a half years of wages on many of their new signings. Clown time round there to be honest, you can’t just have players on enormous wages clogging up your books. Players like Ziyech, Gallagher, Sterling etc will all see their valuation drop as they won’t be playing and they’ll be on high wages. Will be difficult to shift some of these players. Todd might think he’s being clever as fuck but if Chelsea don’t get into Europe or the champions league it’s going to fucking hilarious 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Maybe they’re talking in a very literal sense, e.g. they’ve got to spend 8 and a half years of wages on many of their new signings. Clown time round there to be honest, you can’t just have players on enormous wages clogging up your books. Players like Ziyech, Gallagher, Sterling etc will all see their valuation drop as they won’t be playing and they’ll be on high wages. Will be difficult to shift some of these players. Todd might think he’s being clever as fuck but if Chelsea don’t get into Europe or the champions league it’s going to fucking hilarious 

The biggest flaw in his “human capital” nonsense is the fact they’re diminishing assets. Players you mentioned have now seen their stock fall and will struggle with form if called upon. Sterling hasn’t been good, Gallagher decent, but not as effective as he was at Palace. Ridiculous way to run a club, unless they have some predictive player modelling data that prescribes these players as leading indicators of success, it doesn’t make sense to me.

Culture is something you can’t buy, you need to manifest it and Chelsea lack it or any sort of identity. 

How are they going to register those players for the CL and make a 25-man squad? They signed eight (?) players. They only player that went out was Jorginho.

I’ve seen some articles about they’re having to leave five signings off the Champions League squad, but nothing about the Premier League. Am I missing something? Don’t they have the same problem? 

1 minute ago, gazza ladra said:

How are they going to register those players for the CL and make a 25-man squad? They signed eight (?) players. They only player that went out was Jorginho.

I’ve seen some articles about they’re having to leave five signings off the Champions League squad, but nothing about the Premier League. Am I missing something? Don’t they have the same problem? 

I think you have to register two separate squads, not technically separate obviously but separate on paper, one for the PL and one for CL. 

Found out today that the champions league registration had to be submitted today, so It's not even like Potter has any time to see how they would play together. 

30 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

The biggest flaw in his “human capital” nonsense is the fact they’re diminishing assets. Players you mentioned have now seen their stock fall and will struggle with form if called upon. Sterling hasn’t been good, Gallagher decent, but not as effective as he was at Palace. Ridiculous way to run a club, unless they have some predictive player modelling data that prescribes these players as leading indicators of success, it doesn’t make sense to me.

Culture is something you can’t buy, you need to manifest it and Chelsea lack it or any sort of identity. 

There are a few clubs this season who's relative success has maybe been to one degree or another, a surprise.

Ourselves, Arsenal and Brighton stand out. The shared ingredients are good coaching, a real plan, team spirit and togetherness. Chelsea, although the answer is right under their noses, do not care about any of that and consequently do not possess any of that.

They're signing amazing players yeah, but what they lack, they just cannot buy and it's why they'll fail overall. Hopefully anyway :lol:

2 hours ago, duo said:

Guarantee all this money they are spending is just massive debt on the club.  They're not going to do an RA and write it all off.

How did Todd afford it in the first place? He’s only worth $5 Billion. Did Clearlake stump up most of the cash? I guess the player purchases are part of the £1.75bn they needed to commit to investing. Which is also fucking stupid and why football is fucked. 

I guess we’re adding to that, but not recklessly it appears. 

Can't help but feel like at a certain point, players are going to turn away from this circus at Chelsea. Sure, if your only goals in life are to live in London sitting on your arse and making fat stacks, let's face it, it's going to be pretty appealing to many. One contract and you're set for life.

But for many talented young players who care more about actually playing and developing, and not being part of just some daft rotation, or hardly ever featuring at all season after season, you'd have to be off your head to go there. 

I'd hope in time the organic growth and potential to be part of something at clubs like ourselves, will compete with Chelsea and their gazillions. Wishful thinking maybe though.

2 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Just realized you said what I was trying to say in my ramble in like one sentence :lol:

“The British market is a doped market,” said La Liga’s Javier Tebas. “You can see it clearly in this winter market, where Chelsea have made almost half of the signings in the Premier League. It is quite dangerous that the markets are doped, inflated, as has been happening in recent years in Europe, because that can jeopardise the sustainability of European football. I am happy because our clubs are economically sustainable, and that means that we have a future for many years to come.”

Yeah mate, no issues with any La Liga clubs. Let me just pull this 'financial lever' here.

2 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Just realized you said what I was trying to say in my ramble in like one sentence :lol:

No worries, mate. [emoji38]

33 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Yeah mate, no issues with any La Liga clubs. Let me just pull this 'financial lever' here.

Cheeky bugger, man. [emoji38]

8 hours ago, elbee909 said:

La Liga has a wage cap tbf. Barcelona are selling revenue streams to generate short term funds. 

Real Madrids transfer policy is wonderkids and free transfers. And they sell a lot of players. The most financially dubious is Atleti.  

In comparison the PL has 2 sovereign states and Forest and Chelsea spending like there’s no tomorrow. That’s before we get to West Ham and the like. 

Edited by The College Dropout

The difference in rhetoric between Man City obnoxiously throwing cash around and Chelsea doing exactly the same is quite noticeable. For example, you have Matt Lawton this morning borderline praising Chelsea's pursuit of Enzo Fernandez, after previously getting stuck into City for spending £60 million on a centre back. You then have the likes of Ben Jacobs, who has seemingly become a mouth piece for the Chelsea regime, pumping one out to Big Todd on social media.

I understand the Man City takeover comes hand in hand with accusations of sports washing and human rights abuses from the ownership, but that doesn't mean any form of grotesque spending and inflation of the transfer market should be glorified. It's all pretty wank.

Obviously, we're almost certainly going to end up going down the same route which will become a natural point of discussion, but we all know how that coverage is going to go.

Whilst I wanna condemn Chelsea for their approach, I gotta admit that Barcelona did similar things last summer and is winning the gamble - they are on track of a treble. 

If Chelsea manage to win the CL this year, they could dominate for a few years and Big Todd will earn lots of money when he sells the club.

Under current FFP mega clubs are allowed to gamble like this, but other clubs can’t. Fuck it.

2 hours ago, Zero said:

Whilst I wanna condemn Chelsea for their approach, I gotta admit that Barcelona did similar things last summer and is winning the gamble - they are on track of a treble. 

If Chelsea manage to win the CL this year, they could dominate for a few years and Big Todd will earn lots of money when he sells the club.

Under current FFP mega clubs are allowed to gamble like this, but other clubs can’t. Fuck it.

I suppose but La Liga is not as competitive as the Premier League. They finish still finished second despite the feeling of utter crisis. They’ve also exited again at the group stage of the CL. They seem to have kicked the van down the road on a lot of these issues. They’ve given Lewa a five year deal or something mental :lol: