Other clubs' transfers

Greg

10 minutes ago, andycap said:

Maybes chelsea pulled the plug with them having to offload hall. 

Plot twist

Maybes they were signing him off the back of selling Hall Now they aren't selling Hall

Just now, Ben said:

I no idea who he is but the seens like a massive panic buy, I can't wait for the inevitable Klopp meltdown, I'm sure he left Dortmond because of the transfer system 

Despite the age by all accounts a very good player at his peak or not far beyond it 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

I no idea who he is but the seens like a massive panic buy, I can't wait for the inevitable Klopp meltdown, I'm sure he left Dortmond because of the transfer system 

Obviously they’ve got Doak coming through but any other obvious youngsters also emerging to first team level (not Jones, Elliott). Bobby Clark doesn’t really seemed to have kicked on.

Edited by Nucasol

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Despite the age by all accounts a very good player at his peak or not far beyond it 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

They seem to be given him a midfielder hard man tag, Big Joe and RoBotman will have him for breakfast 

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

My memory is Klopp had a massive meltdown in his 7th season and walked away with them being midtable. 

(Shades of Klopp having a massive meltdown at Liverpool in his 7th season, but not walking away and climbing back up the league a bit.)

10 minutes ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

My memory is Klopp had a massive meltdown in his 7th season and walked away with them being midtable. 

(Shades of Klopp having a massive meltdown at Liverpool in his 7th season, but not walking away and climbing back up the league a bit.)

Oh dear, more problems at Klopps Kop.

1 hour ago, khay said:

James injured for Chelsea, wonder if they will spend on a new right back. 

Malo Gusto should slot in for them while he recovers. I think Chelsea have likely realized they need to slow down a tiny bit.

9 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Sounds like you guys have a hell of a lot of work to do. For your sake I hope Levy doesn’t try and be too clever. 

Do you think you will finish above is this season ?

Lolz re: Levy.

I think that would be extraordinarily unlikely. Range of predictions from Spurs fans generally seems to be anywhere from 4th to 8th. Ange has had a truncated pre-season and his best player sold, plus a significant amount of squad turmoil that is ongoing, with a couple of glaring issues. Promising beginnings, but it’s going to take a while and we’re going to concede a fair few.

Likely top 9 is (in no order) Man City, Arse, Man U, Newcastle, Liverpool, Chelsea, Brighton, Villa, Spurs. Then a couple that might break in (West Ham? Brentford?). Of those, Arse and you guys are in the ascendancy and City are in pole position. Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea are curate’s eggs - who knows how they will settle out? Villa have Europe now and have already picked up a couple of injuries. Brighton have sold a lot of players but should do well again.

IMO it’s wide open. AFCON, injuries and Europe will have a dramatic effect, just waits to be seen on who.

Edited by leffe186
Forgot Liverpool