Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

£3.5m

Man City manage to be an example of both sides of the coin with FFP - the cheating and manipulating it side, but ALSO the 'flog enough kids for relatively small money, it all adds' thing. 

The lad we just paid Boro 8m for signed from City for a million but also a sell-on percentage.

A few little deals like this all contribute.

7 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Less, nominal fee with add ons that could be £3.5m, if plus a 40% sell on clause which is why he’s so cheap.

That’s what I meant, just cba to find out what the initial fee was.

4 minutes ago, brummie said:

Man City manage to be an example of both sides of the coin with FFP - the cheating and manipulating it side, but ALSO the 'flog enough kids for relatively small money, it all adds' thing. 

The lad we just paid Boro 8m for signed from City for a million but also a sell-on percentage.

A few little deals like this all contribute.

The fact they've brought in these rules AFTER City have already financially doped for years and heavily invested in their academy means it just solidifies everything. They can outspend everyone, but no club is ever going to generate as much as them.

image.png.5b290f77c1dcd518adb48da9efc1c7be.png

Klopp on his way. PL fast becoming a one team league. 

The league isn't anywhere near as interesting and the transfer windows are boring as fuck. Surely the stakeholders who make money from broadcasting and reporting, even the league itself, see how much this FFP bollocks is damaging the product? I bet even Peter Odemwingie hasn't been driving around looking for a new club today!

Their initial intention with FFP I’m sure was noble. But it will never work as intended. Never. It will backfire immensely and utimately hurt the interest in EPL and football. 
It only serves to protect the biggest clubs, and if that’s the way they want it, they should support the creation of a Super League rather than fight it. 

11 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Forest still pursuing with their scattergun approach despite the FFP threats

What’s the tactic? Try and get more than 10 points ahead of Luton and take the deduction so they can bank another season of PL gravy?

I reckon the big Greek lad at Forest just doesn't give a fuck and is one of those types who, having made a fortune, don't fully realise they're not masters of the universe.

Their transfer activity is fucking insane.

I'm half expecting them to sign me by 11.

32 minutes ago, brummie said:

I reckon the big Greek lad at Forest just doesn't give a fuck and is one of those types who, having made a fortune, don't fully realise they're not masters of the universe.

Their transfer activity is fucking insane.

I'm half expecting them to sign me by 11.

Gives their forums plenty to talk about though!

44 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

What’s the tactic? Try and get more than 10 points ahead of Luton and take the deduction so they can bank another season of PL gravy?

I hope we are ready in June to pick up all the pieces. And by that I mean MGW.

2 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Transfer deadline day and the two biggest stories of the day on SSN are Hamilton and Fury/Usyk on Sky Sports Box Office.

Fuck FFP.

And darts. Had Jamie O'Haha and some lass I've never heard of doing some darts challenge when I had a gander. Briefly

This darts thing, which they are still doing, is the most hilariously desperate shit they’ve resorted to on deadline day. 

This time next year they may as well just show a couple of films or something. 

To be honest, it’s all been downhill since the peak of dildo-ear.