Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, Nucasol said:

How have Tory FC got so much money? Is it the Mitro sale?

They aren’t really big spenders are they? They are one of those clubs who are happy just to be in the league. No FFP issues for such clubs. 

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

They aren’t really big spenders are they? They are one of those clubs who are happy just to be in the league. No FFP issues for such clubs. 

Net £20m deficit this season before this deal.

Just me or does Forest swapping Mangala for Reyna seem a bold strategy? Mangala seems to play every time I see them and is more a DM than AM. I'll put money on Reyna not being able to match Mangala's 50 appearances in then next 3 seasons (if he's still there after this one).

Some of these fee's for loan players are mad. Chelsea wanting £5m for Broja on loan for the rest of the season (and no doubt his wages covered). He's come back from a serious injury and scored 2 goals in 19. He looked woeful against us both times. What planet are you on? 

'Smaller' clubs would be so short sighted to pay some of these fee's. More money in the pocket of Chelsea too who are seemingly able to hoard players and loan them for fee's out as they please.

15 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Some of these fee's for loan players are mad. Chelsea wanting £5m for Broja on loan for the rest of the season (and no doubt his wages covered). He's come back from a serious injury and scored 2 goals in 19. He looked woeful against us both times. What planet are you on? 

'Smaller' clubs would be so short sighted to pay some of these fee's. More money in the pocket of Chelsea too who are seemingly able to hoard players and loan them for fee's out as they please.

I think it's basically clubs focusing on loan fees approaching amortisation values over the period in hand.

I reckon Chelsea are already fucked because of their general transfer madness of late, but if the transfer market starts to cool as clubs start getting really worried about FFP, then they're going to be left with a huge dung pile of mediocre players on massive eight year contracts who are devaluing faster than an Austin Allegro being driven off the forecourt.

Are Lyon flush with cash now?

I thought they were having to sell players which is why they were struggling so badly in the league

Yet they can afford to spend on Benhrama?

Just now, joeyt said:

Are Lyon flush with cash now?

I thought they were having to sell players which is why they were struggling so badly in the league

Yet they can afford to spend on Benhrama?

Worried about going down / dubious (shit) owner you'd imagine. All a bit off.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Worried about going down / dubious (shit) owner you'd imagine. All a bit off.

Giving Nemanja Matic a nearly 3 year contract won't be cheap either.

5 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Just me or does Forest swapping Mangala for Reyna seem a bold strategy? Mangala seems to play every time I see them and is more a DM than AM. I'll put money on Reyna not being able to match Mangala's 50 appearances in then next 3 seasons (if he's still there after this one).

If they don’t play the same position, how is it a swap?

Reyna is only on loan. And they likely need to sell due to FFP.

26 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Giving Nemanja Matic a nearly 3 year contract won't be cheap either.

You could have given me 100 guesses on what he was doing now and I wouldn't have guessed OL. 3 years? 'kin hell, that turning circle and speed in 2026 :lol:

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Probably not all that strange but I don’t think I’m envious of any clubs business this month. 

dead transfer window

Yeah, if we didn't have all these injuries then it would be an enjoyable window seeing everyone stand still.

17 minutes ago, Deuce said:

If they don’t play the same position, how is it a swap?

Reyna is only on loan. And they likely need to sell due to FFP.

It's a swap in terms of one-in-one-out of the squad - Seems as though they had to get rid of Mangala to bring Reyna in. Otherwise the timing of the two announcements were weirdly close to each other.

15 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

So the window so far has a highest fees as £26.7m, then £12.5m, then 3 deals around £8m, then £2.6m, then £2m.

Ouch - didnt realise it was this bad.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13025536/transfer-news-winter-transfer-window-2024-premier-league-ins-and-outs

How much was Harrison, I heard 17M but I think that's bollocks.