Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, The College Dropout said:

The numbers are entirely made-up mate. Every other team is widely incorrect too.

Oh i know that, just trying to work out the idea you can estimate them without bothering to check the previous years figures :lol:

16 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Saudi clubs going back in for Salah again. £70m+ apparently.

Oof ... that price drop. What was the highest offer last summer again?

Didn't it reach £150 million at one point?!

£70m is still a stupidly mental price for a player who has two years left as a quality player. His level’s already dropped a lot from his best. I know that there’s more than his footballing ability to do with the deal but it just pisses me off so much how KSA have helped Liverpool already 

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

£70m is still a stupidly mental price for a player who has two years left as a quality player. His level’s already dropped a lot from his best. I know that there’s more than his footballing ability to do with the deal but it just pisses me off so much how KSA have helped Liverpool already 

This isn't reflected in goals and assists.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

This isn't reflected in goals and assists.

True, I think he’s far less impactful throughout games now thought, his ability to dribble past someone has dropped a lot and he’s lost some of his pace. He’s still a great player but I think he’s got very little time left at the top 

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

True, I think he’s far less impactful throughout games now thought, his ability to dribble past someone has dropped a lot and he’s lost some of his pace. He’s still a great player but I think he’s got very little time left at the top 

I think he's improved as a footballer since he joined. His passing and creativity now is much better than it was.

Agree he's lost some pace and ability to beat a man. But he wasn't great at that in the first place IMO. He used to give the ball away loads.

He's still a top player IMO.

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Good stuff, stay away from Bruno, although it probably suggests that Paqueta’s not going to get a ban for being a filthy little shit 

The City ITK on twitter (usually pretty accurate), says they want Bruno as well.

13 hours ago, joeyt said:

Bundesliga sides are interested in making a summer move for Tottenham's 22-year-old Republic of Ireland forward Troy Parrott, who has been on loan with Dutch side Excelsior this season. (Football Insider)

13 hours ago, joeyt said:

Bundesliga sides are interested in making a summer move for Tottenham's 22-year-old Republic of Ireland forward Troy Parrott, who has been on loan with Dutch side Excelsior this season. (Football Insider)

am gonna hurt you

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Not sure they'd drop £200 million on two midfielders with Rodri, Kovacic, Nunes and KdB still on the books.

KDB to Saudi rumours are pretty strong, Nunes has been a bit of a flop as well.

Cannot imagine de Bruyne in KSA at all. Might be his fair complexion or the fact that he just strikes me as someone who would totally lose interest if he wasn’t playing in one of the toughest leagues in the world 

Brighton fan mate of mine reckons he's been told that Liverpool will have to pay an additional £43m for McAllister if they win the league this year.

Surely can't be right?!? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38].

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

Ironically Saudi money isn't dirty when they are getting lots of it for over the hill players

41 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Brighton fan mate of mine reckons he's been told that Liverpool will have to pay an additional £43m for McAllister if they win the league this year.

Could be, the initial price/release clause were so low that there might be some funky add-ons. :lol:

46 minutes ago, Pata said:

Could be, the initial price/release clause were so low that there might be some funky add-ons. :lol:

Yep I seem to recall at the time them saying the fee jumps a fair bit on certain conditions.

It’s annoying to think we could have had him for around the 40m mark.. probably less than what West Ham paid for him.

Jury is still out but could probably make an assumption that he’d have been a better signing than our Italian.

2 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Who is he likely to replace?

Well you'd be worried if you were Mattheus Nunes. He's struggled since moving there, mostly because of injuries and a lot of players do in their first season under Pep. I'd imagine they won't let anyone go and Paqueta just adds to their ridiculous bench. I'd take Kovavcic here though if they are looking to offload a midfielder.

7 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Well you'd be worried if you were Mattheus Nunes. He's struggled since moving there, mostly because of injuries and a lot of players do in their first season under Pep. I'd imagine they won't let anyone go and Paqueta just adds to their ridiculous bench. I'd take Kovavcic here though if they are looking to offload a midfielder.

Pep’s recent transfer business hasn’t been that spectacular. Gvardiol, Grealish, Nunes and Phillips all underwhelming compared with both reputation and fee size. I can’t see how they’d had been worse off with some of their stellar youngsters coming in.

10 hours ago, Minhosa said:

I've never heard anything that makes me want Liverpool to win the league more