Other clubs' transfers

Greg

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Memes aside, £30m for a starting England CB (their all time goalscoring defender no less) is fair really. I'd be gutted if we'd paid it, but I think he'll do well in the right set up.

Aye. I know Maguire is a bit of a laughing stock, and he absolutely needs to leave Man Utd, and I absolutely wouldn't want him here... but I don't think he's a write-off. Yet.

Exactly bringing in cloggers in this day and age with football philosophy been more a tactical and possession based game is no no. Its a wonder moyes hasn't been on the blower to Geoff horsefield ? 

22 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Memes aside, £30m for a starting England CB (their all time goalscoring defender no less) is fair really. I'd be gutted if we'd paid it, but I think he'll do well in the right set up.

I think he'll do well for anyone outside of Man Utd tbh. The way Ten Hag has handled him compared to us with Lascelles for example. It was obvious he'd leave this summer, he could have just officially given Bruno Fernandes the captaincy when he left rather than adding to the public humiliation. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think he'll do well for anyone outside of Man Utd tbh. The way Ten Hag has handled him compared to us with Lascelles for example. It was obvious he'd leave this summer, he could have just officially given Bruno Fernandes the captaincy when he left rather than adding to the public humiliation. 

Agree.  I do question whether Lascelles character and leadership is what has made the difference for him. Howe has been pretty ruthless with Fraser. If Fraser doesn’t feel humiliated, he should. Don’t understand why he is still around. Probably no one is willing to come near him. 

They got their number 1 target before last season even ended, then went out and paid double that for a player because we were after him.

They did their business early, it’s just now that they have been linked with another player and it’s not coming off, so their fans are getting impatient.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We should be all over that.

Do you mean we should be signing any of them ?

Our central midfield is good and has good numbers, so that rules out McTominay and Alvarez. And I'd rather we sign Father Dougal McGuire.