Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 hours ago, Ben said:

I agree with you here, I had a good look at him against us last season and he was average, I know it was the end of the season but I didn't see anything to say he's worth £50 million never mind  £100. Let Chelsea make that mistake though but £200 million on a couple of prospects is just daft.

He was playing RB iirc and was solid there. 

19 minutes ago, Flip said:

As a Newcastle fan I’d rather see him going to Barcelona tbh

I’d love for him to go to Chelsea to keep the crazy train running. The longer they sign people like Neymar, the longer they’ll be a joke and outside of the top 4.

6 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I’d love for him to go to Chelsea to keep the crazy train running. The longer they sign people like Neymar, the longer they’ll be a joke and outside of the top 4.

You are underestimating Neymar though. He’d be Chelsea’s best player by far and lift the quality of that side. If he could keep fit obviously.

3 minutes ago, Flip said:

You are underestimating Neymar though. He’d be Chelsea’s best player by far and lift the quality of that side. If he could keep fit obviously.

He wouldn’t give a fuck at all. And he’s the wrong side of 30. The pace of the Prem would eat him up.

Plenty of dudes have gone to Chelsea to supposedly be their best player and elevate them but you can’t do that at that club.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

RB is not his position so he can be forgiven but he wasn’t solid at all iirc. Got run all over the place. As did whoever was at LB.

57 minutes ago, Beth said:

If WHU are offering £60m for Maguire and McTominay their owners are absolutely mental. Moyes loves signing has beens and never will be's.

Moyes will be gone before Christmas, that cup win is really covering over the cracks.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

This is true but solid is not £100 million, I'm not saying he's not a good player, he's just not worth that, I'd rather have Bruno any day of the week

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Different type of player. 

I think Caicedo is brilliant. 

I think he is too, but then again, at the back of my mind, I am wondering how many Brighton players get sold for big money and continue being brilliant.

Obviously, someone will now list tons of them.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Different type of player. 

I think Caicedo is brilliant. 

Bellingham is brilliant Caicedo is a good premier league player £40 million tops

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

£40m might not even get you McTominay in this market.

£40m will get you a winger that’s scored 7 premier league goals in 70 odd matches at 21. 

2/3 of Mason Mount with 1 year left on his contract. 

Less than half a Declan Rice. 

It doesn’t even get you Kalvin Phillips. 

Brighton have a weird way of playing where they cycle the ball and tempt the other team to overpress. They are extremely well-drilled at it and it works most of the time. When it doesn't work, their opposition manages to convert the 40% of possession they get into lots of xG. We do not hog the ball, but concede significantly fewer.

The ease with which Brighton can replace players and even the manager suggests what they are achieving is not dependent on Caicedo or any other individual. That Caicedo can do it at such a young age speaks highly of him however.

3 hours ago, cubaricho said:

He wouldn’t give a fuck at all. And he’s the wrong side of 30. The pace of the Prem would eat him up.

Plenty of dudes have gone to Chelsea to supposedly be their best player and elevate them but you can’t do that at that club.

I’d pay double to see Dan Burn boot him into the stand like a Hondurans in 2012.

10 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Wrong side of 30 doesn’t really apply anymore. Cristiano, Messi, Modric, Kroos, Lewa, Benzema etc all showed that you can play at the highest level until you are 34-35 as long as you can keep fit and have the talent. In terms of talent no one except for De Bruyne comes close in the PL (Haaland is another story). It’s obviously a very high risk high reward situation for anyone trying to sign him because of his injury record.

6 hours ago, Disco said:

I’d pay double to see Dan Burn boot him into the stand like a Hondurans in 2012.

:lol: Dan Burn against Neymar man. What a sight that would be. And pace would apprently kill him.