Other clubs' transfers

Greg

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

So they didn’t have to sell either ?

If they sign him this week it wouldn’t really affect whether they need to sell or not this year. Pretty much none of this cost would hit the current financial year.

Its entirely possible that they still have to sell before 30th June. (likely to be Duran).

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Assume that means Digne is on his way.

I know Villa fans say he had a good season, but for my non Villa eyes Maatsen is a big upgrade. Really like the signing.

Wonder where that leaves Digne and Moreno.....or Maatsen for that matter. Haven't seen Villa enough to tell, but in my head there's very little between the three of them besides that Digne and Moreno both has passed 30.

That’s some money. What £40m+, considering we got Hall for less than £30m. 

Looks a handy player, but I’m skeptical on him defensively in premier league, feels far too much a winger than a LB.

36 minutes ago, NSG said:

If they sign him this week it wouldn’t really affect whether they need to sell or not this year. Pretty much none of this cost would hit the current financial year.

Its entirely possible that they still have to sell before 30th June. (likely to be Duran).

The contract will be valid from 1st July, so next financial year. But this is clearly going to be involving a degree of selling someone to Chelsea, as you said, Duran probably.

Strange move, though.

Firstly, Digne was excellent last season. I suspect he's had another big Saudi offer, though. Secondly, Moreno is more than decent, but struggled with injuries last year. Thirdly, the deal for Luiz to go to Juventus is supposed to include Illing-Junior coming here, and he is a left back (isn't he?).

46 minutes ago, Disco said:

Assume that means Digne is on his way.

This is mostly for accounting purposes. Digne’s contract will be very hard to sell.

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Our rivals making some good moves. What are we doing?

Makes you think. PIF out

Is a lack of a DOF impacting us? :memeyeah:

11 minutes ago, tinoasprilla said:

Villa signing him and Duran going to Chelsea for daft money just stinks of dodgy transfer to avoid ffp.  Both got American owners I think

how would that avoid ffp?

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

how would that avoid ffp?

All of your sale goes into this year’s accounts and your purchase is split over the length of the contract. It absolutely would work as fiddle.