Other clubs' transfers

Greg

5 hours ago, Deuce said:

What’s the issue with that transfer? Alleging that they’re not paying market rate because both are owned by INEOS?

Said before we should pay the money and at least force them to up their bid or get a top CB ourselves. Turning us down for a lower bid would fuck their defence up

Chelsea were really pulling it all together towards the end of last season and I was genuinely concerned with Poch in charge this year they would be a threat to our top 4 hopes.

Cheers Todd.......that new coach doesn't have a chance with the amount of players you will chuck at him.

BTW I'm a big fan of Poch and Radcliffes decision not to go for him was fucking hilarious. 

8 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Here have a player we don’t want and haven’t wanted since we bought him and we’ll throw you 20m as a sweetener. 

:lol:

It’s sweet that you’re all so triggered by this one tweet :lol:

I have a vague memory that Emery likes Lo Celso (as he should, he’s good). Presume that’s why it’s been mentioned.

Don’t know why anybody who’s been a fan for over - say - 20 years takes any notice of any of this stuff. It’s fun, but until something actually happens it’s chip paper. Much more relaxing to just wait until a transfer is confirmed.

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

It’s sweet that you’re all so triggered by this one tweet :lol:

I have a vague memory that Emery likes Lo Celso (as he should, he’s good). Presume that’s why it’s been mentioned.

Don’t know why anybody who’s been a fan for over - say - 20 years takes any notice of any of this stuff. It’s fun, but until something actually happens it’s chip paper. Much more relaxing to just wait until a transfer is confirmed.

In not triggered just find woeful bids amusing in general, even when we do them. 

@brummie might be triggered at such an offer though. 

Edited by r0cafella

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

In not triggered just find woeful bids amusing in general, even when we do them. 

@brummie might be triggered at such an offer though. 

:lol: Yeah yours was just the last post - should have quoted one of the ones with “fuck” in them.

It just makes me laugh when people seem to take this stuff seriously. I mean, we all like a bit of banter, but transfer twitter is just guff for the most part.

Just now, leffe186 said:

:lol: Yeah yours was just the last post - should have quoted one of the ones with “fuck” in them.

It just makes me laugh when people seem to take this stuff seriously. I mean, we all like a bit of banter, but transfer twitter is just guff for the most part.

Aye you definitely should have but I couldn’t care less about deal’s involving Villa and spurs amusement aside. 

And speaking personally I only take matters relating to NUFC seriously, I’m sure your good self is similar when it comes to the spurs too. 

8 hours ago, duo said:

PSR is ruining this game- hardly any clubs can afford to spend for fear of breaching the rules. Apart from Chelsea that is.

Before I say this, I want to add that I don't think PSR is working ANYWHERE NEAR the right way. It should not be encouraging sales of home grown players, hell I think encouraging sales just turns players more into horse traded assets rather than allowing teams to build teams. Equally it is also clearly rewarded the already established clubs over any challengers. 

HOWEVER. I do wonder if there is a somewhat more sensible solution to a lot of these issues clubs are having buying. And that is you know buy and sell players for sane prices (ok somewhat more sane). Players are insanely overpriced right now. £50m+ to buy a decent midtable midfielder. It is pricing out a lot of clubs and that is just as much entrenching Man City at the top. There are two potentially fatal flaws with this however. 

a) While Man City and Chelsea exist and able to operate seemingly without limit everyone is going to keep players priced high just cos maybe Boehly comes in for that ridiculous fee. 

b) While European giants can still afford those fees we will lose players to them. The league is desperate to be the best and to be the best they want the Haalands etc playing here. 

So I think yeah it's not working at all, I do have that little bit of, eeer what if players are priced too high and we all agreed to stop spending soooo much???

If PSR wants to genuinely about levelling the playing field (which it clearly isn't) the league needs to look at wage capping to be honest to stop chelseas and man citys hoarding players in ludicrous squads then pulling up drawbridge on anyone affording to compete. Every team allowed a few with unlimited wages, then quotas of players at various wage levels below that. Maybe that would work. But it'll never happen cos of point B above. 

14 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Aye you definitely should have but I couldn’t care less about deal’s involving Villa and spurs amusement aside. 

And speaking personally I only take matters relating to NUFC seriously, I’m sure your good self is similar when it comes to the spurs too. 

Yeah kinda. Almost all of it is bollocks so I ignore most of the Spurs stuff too. If there’s a clear and obvious chance to wind somebody up (Man U?) then you should take that as seriously as is necessary. I’ll usually respond to stuff on here if I have to defend Spurs though :lol:

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah kinda. Almost all of it is bollocks so I ignore most of the Spurs stuff too. If there’s a clear and obvious chance to wind somebody up (Man U?) then you should take that as seriously as is necessary. I’ll usually respond to stuff on here if I have to defend Spurs though :lol:

And you’re definitely right most of it is bollocks these days. But half of the fun is the daft speculation.