Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, spudwiser said:

Were we not quoted 40m and that was before the Euros 🤔

They're getting him back on loan for at least this next season though so maybe that sweetened the deal. 

18 hours ago, Ben said:

Not a transfer but that new contract for Cole Palmer is absolutely fucking stupid, absolutely no need whatsoever 

Surely as his old deal was on the now disallowed rules then he should revert to amortisation under the new rules ie over the next 5 years? They are clearly trying to take the piss stretching him out further, no doubt citing he was originally on the old loophole. Fair enough the payrise is understandable but fuck off Chelsea with adding years too

4 minutes ago, KDT said:

They're getting him back on loan for at least this next season though so maybe that sweetened the deal. 

That tweet doesnt say its back to them though, just that hes being loaned out

58 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not at all.

Just saying, it would be easy for us to do what Brighton do. Sell a star player or two every season and have no worries about FFP or signing a bunch of £30-40m players, in the hope of selling one for twice the fee within a year or two. It's what will keep Brighton a team who'll challenge 7-10th for a while, before they have one summer where it doesn't click. 

What Brighton do is far from easy or everybody would be doing it. They progressed from being in the Championship in 2017 to reaching the last 16 in the Europa league last season, so I’d say they’re doing something right and this idea that they have a ceiling we don’t is madness really. What gives us the edge is our owners’ wealth, but we cannot use that due to FFP. There’s no reason Brighton can’t make CL instead of us if they continue to recruit well and have the right manager.

It’s a yearly rant so i might as well get it out the way now…

All loans, sell-on and buy back clauses along with multi club models should be banned.

If you need a player you buy him if you don’t or can’t afford him someone else gets him. This would ripple all the way down the pyramid and leave it a lot less top heavy.

I say this even though over the coming decades it’s exactly what we are going to benefit from. Think it’s awful and just getting worse..

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

All loans, sell-on and buy back clauses along with multi club models should be banned.

If you need a player you buy him if you don’t or can’t afford him someone else gets him. This would ripple all the way down the pyramid and leave it a lot less top heavy.

I say this even though over the coming decades it’s exactly what we are going to benefit from. Think it’s awful and just getting worse..

I'd also argue that there should be a maximum in how long you spread the payments of a transfer fee.  e.g. 1-2 years not across the length of the contract.

Edited by El Prontonise

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Agreed. It's why I'm more in favour of a  salary cap (that you can't just get out of via loaning players out) than I am the FFP we've currently got. 

FFP is encouraging player hoarding and speculative recruitment on an enormous scale, and clubs with the resources to do so are able to reinforce the established hierarchy by effectively controlling the supply and demand of talent in the transfer market.

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Don't understand how Chelsea can do what they're doing. Makes it seems like FFP is voluntary. 

Yeah it’s very strange, but they’re clearly finding workarounds to some rules, have far bigger revenue streams and simply sell academy players for huge sums of money