Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Once we had lost our loan players and ditched the over the hill (Jedinak, Whelan, Adomah et al) and the leeches (Richards, McCormack) we had a squad of 16 players left.

How we were supposed to compete without buying players is beyond me. The similarity to Fulham ends with spending money - we've identified our targets (manager and director of recruitment) and gone out and bought most of them by early July, players for positions where we needed people.

What I don't understand is Gallowgate End simultaneously thinks your own club are nuts for not spending (on account of your awful owner) yet at the same time finds it perplexing that someone else is.

What on earth are we meant to do? Don't buy in players = struggle. Buy in players = struggle?

Fulham went out and bought a load of players where they already had depth, ignored the areas where they were weak and did most of their spending in the last days of the window.

Not buy players and bring Rafa in as manager

Yep then they actually would finish Top 10 first season up :smug:

On a serious note I’ve already said you should be buying and already said a few are good signings(Wesley, Trezequet, Targett, Mings)

But if 5/6 of your starters are all new signings there will likely be issues similar to Fulham had.

Just find it funny how Aston Villa fans refuse to see any comparison with Fulham whatsoever.

Chelsea will have plenty to stay there imo. Integrate some of their youngsters and they’ll be fine.

dunno, very hard to make any kind of prediciton on chelsea but personally I'd lean towards a mid-table finish for them, losing a player of the quality of Hazard has to have some impact

Didn’t realise Bale was on 550k a week  :lol:

He’s got no chance of getting that elsewhere. He’s 30 and on the decline.

China will beg to differ.

honestly don't think he'd go there and Madrid will be stuck with him unless man utd get stupid before the window closes

Guest chopey

Didn’t realise Bale was on 550k a week  :lol:

He’s got no chance of getting that elsewhere. He’s 30 and on the decline.

China will beg to differ.

His record in Spain is fantastic tho

I never really understand why Barca and Real give players who aren't Ronaldo and Messi quite so much money. Almost every player wants to play for them anyway if they just paid them the same as everybody else

Why doesn't he just take a modest pay cut and be top paid player where-ever he goes if he cares so much about his career and actually playing?

He doesn't care that much about his career and playing, think that's the point. He prefers playing golf

Chelsea will have plenty to stay there imo. Integrate some of their youngsters and they’ll be fine.

Gonna depend on Lampard imo. We’ll see if he’s up to the challenge of managing in the PL.

Hazard aside, the rest of their squad remains virtually the same as last season. Losing him is obviously a blow and they can’t replace him directly. But people are underestimating Pulisic. He’s got loads of talent. Along with the likes of Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham, Mount, Chalobah, et. al, they’re well stocked for the future. Might well be a “down” year for them, but I expect they’ll at least qualify for Europe while getting these young guys integrated.

Guest chopey

Leicester look the most likely side to push the top six, they've bought some tidy players.

Dean Saunders on Talksport said Leicester and West Ham were his picks to go down this season.

Leicester look the most likely side to push the top six, they've bought some tidy players.

Dean Saunders on Talksport said Leicester and West Ham were his picks to go down this season.

...and the operative word is TalkShite.