Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Man ... that is shocking from Everton. Iwobi for £40 million?!

40 million is a very reasonable price for a talented and relatively young player with an English passport. It is a good purchase for Everton.

I love Iwobi as a person and I really hope he develops further and reaches his full potential, but I can't lie, I am worried. Not sure he'll ever have any outstanding attributes.

I like the signing of Saint-Maximin a lot better, and for half the fee at that.

Albeit Iwobi is an excellent character with absolutely no concerns on that side of things. But still ...

A lot of you asking questions so I'll clear up as much as I can.

£77m for Lukaku is a great price. He wanted out, and was forcing the move. However, this was completely sanctioned by OGS. He doesn't fit the profile of the team we're trying to build. We play one striker, and have Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and Greenwood who can/will play there. You will all be talking about Greenwood soon enough trust me.

I see some criticism of Woodward also but no midfielder aside, this has been a very solid summer window. We badly needed a centre back, and we signed one of the best in the league who is also young, English and wanted to come to the club. We badly needed a right back, and signed one who is already head and shoulders over what we have and will only get better. He's a beast. We also signed a young, hungry winger who can play across any of the front 3 positions.

I'm quite happy. It's a solid foundation for a strong top 4 challenge which can be build upon in January and next summer.

Yeah, Lukaku was productive but he just didn't fit the clever link up play the likes of Rashford, Lingaard, Martial and Pogba would produce. His movement, touch, and passing would let him down too often.

I'd like to see Martial used centrally more often tbh, should Rashford not find consistency.

Guest neesy111

£77m for Lukaku is a great price. He wanted out, and was forcing the move. However, this was completely sanctioned by OGS. He doesn't fit the profile of the team we're trying to build. We play one striker, and have Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and Greenwood who can/will play there. You will all be talking about Greenwood soon enough trust me.

I see some criticism of Woodward also but no midfielder aside, this has been a very solid summer window. We badly needed a centre back, and we signed one of the best in the league who is also young, English and wanted to come to the club. We badly needed a right back, and signed one who is already head and shoulders over what we have and will only get better. He's a beast. We also signed a young, hungry winger who can play across any of the front 3 positions.

I'm quite happy. It's a solid foundation for a strong top 4 challenge which can be build upon in January and next summer.

Top 4.  In your dreams.

Citeh have took the piss out of Manchester United again , just like they did with Sanchez, by getting you to engage in some ridiculous cock measuring campaign for someone you didn't really need. You needed a strong, commanding centre half who is good at defending. You got a good footbaling centre half whose strength lies in bringing the ball out. Until Manchester United have a manager who identifies their lack of a good stopper type centre half, instead of the mistake waiting to happen type, which you seem to have a surplus of, then I simply cannot see you challenging the top 4 or 5.

The criticism of Woodward, and I hear it all of the time too, is madness. Every window it seems , he produces a hefty transfer pot for whoever is managing the team.

Top 4.  In your dreams.

He said challenge. From within the top 8. Like we’ll challenge the top half, from 17th.

Citeh have took the piss out of Manchester United again , just like they did with Sanchez, by getting you to engage in some ridiculous cock measuring campaign for someone you didn't really need. You needed a strong, commanding centre half who is good at defending. You got a good footbaling centre half whose strength lies in bringing the ball out. Until Manchester United have a manager who identifies their lack of a good stopper type centre half, instead of the mistake waiting to happen type, which you seem to have a surplus of, then I simply cannot see you challenging the top 4 or 5.

The criticism of Woodward, and I hear it all of the time too, is madness. Every window it seems , he produces a hefty transfer pot for whoever is managing the team.

We were in for Maguire long before City were. Maguire and Lindelof is a strong pairing and a pairing that can bring the ball out quickly.

The criticism of Woodward isn't the money. It's the interference in transfers, like telling Jose no when it came to Alderweireld.

40 million is a very reasonable price for a talented and relatively young player with an English passport. It is a good purchase for Everton.

I love Iwobi as a person and I really hope he develops further and reaches his full potential, but I can't lie, I am worried. Not sure he'll ever have any outstanding attributes.

Albeit Iwobi is an excellent character with absolutely no concerns on that side of things. But still ...

Let us be honest, if Allan was born in Croydon or Woodford rather than the banlieues of Paris he would cost 30 million too, despite his shortcomings. :lol: Iwobi will do well, imo, and can be a big player for a club at that level, even if he doesn't develop too much more. He is clearly very skillful, a good passer, and is surprisingly strong/quick. He lacks something around the goal in terms of decision making (his return has never been enough in that area), but this is why the player is going to Everton. I find the popular idea that Iwobi is rubbish to be crazy.

Let us be honest, if Allan was born in Croydon or Woodford rather than the banlieues of Paris he would cost 30 million too, despite his shortcomings. :lol: Iwobi will do well, imo, and can be a big player for a club at that level, even if he doesn't develop too much more. He is clearly very skillful, a good passer, and is surprisingly strong/quick. He lacks something around the goal in terms of decision making (his return has never been enough in that area), but this is why the player is going to Everton. I find the popular idea that Iwobi is rubbish to be crazy.

It's Newcastle Online. Everyone is rubbish except Rafa Benitez.

It's Newcastle Online. Everyone is rubbish except Rafa Benitez.

And Schar

Never said he was rubbish at all.

I do hope he is played week in week out there, as that is the only way he'll have chance to really kick on.

I'm nervous about him moving for that fee and the pressure it comes with. The fans up there will be much harsher because of it.

Agreed. I've always liked Iwobi. He'll do well for a team that doesn't try to play quite as intricately as Arsenal do. He needs the freedom to make mistakes but has great talent

Great window for Arsenal mind

Longstaff though

2oQ.gif

26 is young now? It's bloody ancient by Mike's reckoning.

26 is young now? It's bloody ancient by Mike's reckoning.

Quite young for a centre back aye. Obviously helps he has a lot of premier league experience though.

Longstaff though

2oQ.gif

I did want Longstaff, but if we spent £50m on him he'd have been our worst summer signing by a mile. He's played 9 games in the Premier League or something and then got a bad injury. Ludicrous price tag.

Can see why you would say that, but honestly wouldn’t have sold him for less than 70 mil.

And I can see why you say that. You stand to gain everything by keeping him and letting him fulfil his potential.

Far too much risk involved for a deal to ever be close.