Other clubs' transfers

Greg

A lot of you asking questions so I'll clear up as much as I can.

£77m for Lukaku is a great price. He wanted out, and was forcing the move. However, this was completely sanctioned by OGS. He doesn't fit the profile of the team we're trying to build. We play one striker, and have Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and Greenwood who can/will play there. You will all be talking about Greenwood soon enough trust me.

I see some criticism of Woodward also but no midfielder aside, this has been a very solid summer window. We badly needed a centre back, and we signed one of the best in the league who is also young, English and wanted to come to the club. We badly needed a right back, and signed one who is already head and shoulders over what we have and will only get better. He's a beast. We also signed a young, hungry winger who can play across any of the front 3 positions.

I'm quite happy. It's a solid foundation for a strong top 4 challenge which can be build upon in January and next summer.

Man united have the worst squad in top 6 imo

£77m for Lukaku is a great price. He wanted out, and was forcing the move. However, this was completely sanctioned by OGS. He doesn't fit the profile of the team we're trying to build. We play one striker, and have Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and Greenwood who can/will play there. You will all be talking about Greenwood soon enough trust me.

I see some criticism of Woodward also but no midfielder aside, this has been a very solid summer window. We badly needed a centre back, and we signed one of the best in the league who is also young, English and wanted to come to the club. We badly needed a right back, and signed one who is already head and shoulders over what we have and will only get better. He's a beast. We also signed a young, hungry winger who can play across any of the front 3 positions.

I'm quite happy. It's a solid foundation for a strong top 4 challenge which can be build upon in January and next summer.

It's hard to disagree with but then at the same time the top 6 is very strong so it's not really a huge insult either.

It's hard to disagree with but then at the same time the top 6 is very strong so it's not really a huge insult either.

Not meant to be an insult sorry just on your top 4 comment. Think they are miles off

Guest Yerdas El Savon

We weren't miles off last year despite a disaster season and we've massively strengthened our two weakest areas. We'll be fine.

You have one of the worst, if not the worst, manager in the league. And, yes, I am including Steve Bruce in that.

We weren't miles off last year despite a disaster season and we've massively strengthened our two weakest areas. We'll be fine.

You have one of the worst, if not the worst, manager in the league. And, yes, I am including Steve Bruce in that.

What's this based on again? A poor couple of months with Cardiff?

Guest neesy111

+ the shambolic end of season you had.

It would take a monumental idiot to blame that on Solskjaer like.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

:thup:

He will not last long.

He will not last long.

Lets be clear here

• He won 14 out of 19 games in charge.
  • He broke a club record for consecutive away victories.
  • Equalled a Premier League record by winning his first 6 games in charge.
  • He won Premier League manager of the month and was the first Man United manager to do so since Sir Alex.
  • He was the first Man United manager to score 5 in a game since Sir Alex.
  • He was the first Man United manager to win his first 5 games since Sir Matt Busby.
  • He was the first manager in Champions League history to progress after losing the home leg by 2 goals or more.

He did all that while introducing Chong/Garner/Greenwood into the team. You're judging him because we lost a couple of extremely difficult away games (Arsenal/Wolves) and then fell out of contention and it was basically season over. Don't forget the season was basically over when he came and he managed to get us in contention for top 4, which was quite frankly a miracle.

Truth is none of us know just how good of a manager he is. Based on his short, record breaking tenure so far though, it's idiotic to say he's shite.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

He will not last long.

Lets be clear here

• He won 14 out of 19 games in charge.
  • He broke a club record for consecutive away victories.
  • Equalled a Premier League record by winning his first 6 games in charge.
  • He won Premier League manager of the month and was the first Man United manager to do so since Sir Alex.
  • He was the first Man United manager to score 5 in a game since Sir Alex.
  • He was the first Man United manager to win his first 5 games since Sir Matt Busby.
  • He was the first manager in Champions League history to progress after losing the home leg by 2 goals or more.

He did all that while introducing Chong/Garner/Greenwood into the team. You're judging him because we lost a couple of extremely difficult away games (Arsenal/Wolves) and then fell out of contention and it was basically season over. Don't forget the season was basically over when he came and he managed to get us in contention for top 4, which was quite frankly a miracle.

Truth is none of us know just how good of a manager he is. Based on his short, record breaking tenure so far though, it's idiotic to say he's s****.

He had a long honeymoon period against fairly easy opposition. Then he got the job full time and everything went to shit. O0

We'll see who's right, but I don't think he's nowhere near ready/ good enough for a job of that size.

A honeymoon period is 3/4 games, not half a season. It's amazing what some managers can do and not be given credit for. You say fairly easy opposition and we beat Spurs away, Chelsea away, Arsenal away, Leicester away and drew with Liverpool. Easy aye. :lol:

Guest Yerdas El Savon

A honeymoon period is 3/4 games, not half a season. It's amazing what some managers can do and not be given credit for. You say fairly easy opposition and we beat Spurs away, Chelsea away, Arsenal away, Leicester away and drew with Liverpool. Easy aye. :lol:

We beat Leicester away, but he got som good results, I'll give him that.  Who's to blame for the poor run then?

We beat Leicester away, but he got som good results, I'll give him that.  Who's to blame for the poor run then?

You also beat Man City. :lol: Rafa truly did wonders.

As above we lost two games that were extremely difficult. The Cardiff and Huddersfield results came when the season was basically over. Heads dropped all over the place. The dressing room was a massive problem and he seems to be tackling that head on.

I'll just never understand people completely writing off a manager before he is even able to prove himself, especially Solskjaer who won 14 out of 19 games in charge. In general, especially given the state of the club when he inherited the job, he has done fantastic.

I'm surprised Man Utd let Lukaku go without having a replacement ready to sign immediately, they made some good signings (eventually in the case of Maguire) but really they needed to do more imho. Personally I doubt OGS will be there next season but unless man utd are bottom half or something he'll probably see the season out before getting the boot.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

You also beat Man City. :lol: Rafa truly did wonders.

As above we lost two games that were extremely difficult. The Cardiff and Huddersfield results came when the season was basically over. Heads dropped all over the place. The dressing room was a massive problem and he seems to be tackling that head on.

I'll just never understand people completely writing off a manager before he is even able to prove himself, especially Solskjaer who won 14 out of 19 games in charge. In general, especially given the state of the club when he inherited the job, he has done fantastic.

He also led the team to their worst run in 57 years. He has the worst win percentage of any permanent Man Utd manager in their entire 141-year history.

We'll see... :aww:

A honeymoon period or new manager bounce can absolutely last more than 3 or 4 games. There's literally loads of examples of managers having a good half season or season and then going shite when they get figured out. See Pardew at us and Palace, Martin O'Neill and basically every other new manager at Sunderland for years, Martinez at Everton, Shakespeare at Leicester, Roeder at us, etc.