Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It’s a similar story to Kane at Spurs. He might give it another 1-2 years but he could be winning titles.

Kane really needs to get out of Spurs this year. Conte turning Spurs down because he doesn’t see them competing for the top honours or signing players to do that, tells Harry all he needs to know

2 hours ago, Manxst said:

I think he’s ambitious enough to move clubs away from Villa to a team competing for the title. And rightly so. He might not ask for or demand a transfer, but if a CL club came in, of course he’d be interested in moving on for the sake of his career. 

Of course, I think any footballer would be like that. I maybe wrong here, but I don't think Grealish is that desperate to move to a trophy guaranteeing club, right now. He only signed a contract extension in September 2020. If he was desperate to move, why sign a new contract extension. Villa would be far more likely to listen to offers for him if he had not signed the new contract. 

6 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Of course, I think any footballer would be like that. I maybe wrong here, but I don't think Grealish is that desperate to move to a trophy guaranteeing club, right now. He only signed a contract extension in September 2020. If he was desperate to move, why sign a new contract extension. Villa would be far more likely to listen to offers for him if he had not signed the new contract. 

He’s 26 this year in Sept. Time to step up and make a move to get playing his best years in a trophy (potential) winning team. I think the contract extension was simply because he felt like he owed the club after coming back up and no one at that time making a move for him. Could be wrong and he be a Le Tissier….but I doubt it. 

The only move I could see for Grealish is Man Utd - anywhere else* he’d be a bit part player and regularly rotated. He’s certainly not going to leave Villa to do that.

*Chelsea, Liverpool & Man City - the teams realistically fighting for the title.

And even saying that, Man Utd are far from guaranteed to be fighting/winning honours at the moment. 

I think he’ll give Villa at least another season.

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The only move I could see for Grealish is Man Utd - anywhere else* he’d be a bit part player and regularly rotated. He’s certainly not going to leave Villa to do that.

*Chelsea, Liverpool & Man City - the teams realistically fighting for the title.

And even saying that, Man Utd are far from guaranteed to be fighting/winning honours at the moment. 

Have to disagree, i thought mariez would be a bit part player at city and that back fired on me 

28 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Regular rotations are seemingly the name of the game at top clubs- they need 20 odd top players to compete in all the cup and league competitions. Unlike our own club whose starting 11 basically picks itself due to lack of competition for places…

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Klopp has been unsuccessfully trying for an attacking midfielder who can provide assists and goals from midfield for ages. Ox, Keita were bought with that idea in mind but have not lived up to their billing. Thiago has been decent for his first season but he is more of a controller and doesn't rack up a lot of assists or goals. Grealish would elevate our midfield to a whole new level. He would start every meaningful game for us.  Same with City. Pep does rotate his players quite a bit but he would be among the players with the largest amount of minutes. Pep would love his adaptability. He would be pure dynamite for City. Until Pep decides to play him at left back in a CL semi-final. 

Edited by rgk_lfc

Just wandering who realsitically we can move on to generate some cash for transfers this summer? Gayle to a championshit club for maybe £5M? One of the Longstaffs for a similar amount? Couple of million for Darlow if Woodman comes back? 250k off Bradford for Hendrick?[emoji38]

Not really much to add to our £12M "War" chest is it?

1 minute ago, Beth said:

Just wandering who realsitically we can move on to generate some cash for transfers this summer? Gayle to a championshit club for maybe £5M? One of the Longstaffs for a similar amount? Couple of million for Darlow if Woodman comes back? 250k off Bradford for Hendrick?[emoji38]

Not really much to add to our £12M "War" chest is it?

We can’t. Unless we sell one of our decent players (Miggy, ASM, Wilson) and go backwards before we’ve even taken a step forward.

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Gayle, Lejeune (unfortunately) and Muto  will go for max 15 mil l guess. Wouldn’t be surprised if we accept a 12 mil plus add-ons/ sell-on percentage for Woodman too...

yay.

We'll get nowt for the latter two, not that Muto is any loss whatsoever.

Edit: Maybe a couple of mil for Lejeune.

Edited by Beth

24 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Surely he'd cost an absolute fortune?

Another 30m I reckon. Seems like Villa could afford that though and have him Grealish and Buendia. Be 30m well spent too he's such a good underrated player works his socks off with great technique and quality.

Edited by CalmintheChaos

42 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Why would Southampton sell him for just £30mil

I tend to agree with you, I don't think they would, which is why it won't happen.

Although all those free kicks we pick up from Grealish (and more from Buendia I imagine) around the edge of the box having some chance resulting in goals rather than clearing the cross bar by 20 feet, that's a nice thought.