Other clubs' transfers

Greg

10 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Have to say it is pretty gutting seeing us go and sign Trippier and go wild over it and then Villa go an get fucking Coutinho man. Another clear representation of how far we've fallen away. 

Villas CEO signed Coutinho for Liverpool and Gerrard is his old captain. It's not exactly a wild move.

36 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Have to say it is pretty gutting seeing us go and sign Trippier and go wild over it and then Villa go an get fucking Coutinho man. Another clear representation of how far we've fallen away. 

What a strange post.

I genuinely don't understand what you're saying.

Well I was about to say Martin Samuel was proven sort of right when he had a dig that we had Gerrard would have more pulling power as a manager than Howe, but then we wouldn't have got Trippier if Howe wasn't here. 

Fair play though, Gerrard is doing well at Villa, and Coutinho is a great signing for them. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Traore? Can’t think of the third. But I bet it is well obvious!

It's not, to be fair. Scored a goal last year in controversial 'can't field a normal team due to covid so we're going to have to put out our U-18s' circumstances.

In fact, probably the Villa goal that made me smile more than any other int he last few years, due to the circumstances.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

It's not, to be fair. Scored a goal last year in controversial 'can't field a normal team due to covid so we're going to have to put out our U-18s' circumstances.

In fact, probably the Villa goal that made me smile more than any other int he last few years, due to the circumstances.

Was that against Liverpool? Hammered them in the cup or something? Or was it the other way round. Fuck knows. My brain is hazy as fuck at the minute. 

Louie Barry!

Yes, Liverpool. Almost a full strength side against kids as our entire first team and even the most advanced youth team players who had been training with them had to miss it due to covid.

Rather than fanny about trying to get out of it, we played the proper kids.

Lost 4-1 but at one point pulled it back to 1-1 with a great Barry goal. A really, really good performance. 

Transfers can work out really weird sometimes....there's all sorts of non-direct factors which can absolutely bugger them up, or make them far more successful than anyone ever expected.

Who would have thought Griezmann, Coutinho and Dembele would have flopped so badly for Barcelona? Before going there that trio should have guaranteed them success. 

Totally different scale, but who thought Sibierski would have been as good for us? Who thought Bellamy (and Robert) would transform us from a mid-table team to an almost title challenging one?

Guest HTT II

Even if Gerrard gets Coutinho playing to even 70% of his best in his prime, he will score and create goals for them and be a hit signing. It’s less a risk of a signing for them as it would have been for us, if we were actually ever in for him as he knows Gerrard and Gerrard is someone I feel can get into players’ heads and get them ticking like he did his own self. I think he’ll motivate him and get him going again. Chuffed for Brummie and I’m not someone who hates Villa. 

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HTT II said:

Even if Gerrard gets Coutinho playing to even 70% of his best in his prime, he will score and create goals for them and be a hit signing. It’s less a risk of a signing for them as it would have been for us, if we were actually ever in for him as he knows Gerrard and Gerrard is someone I feel can get into players’ heads and get them ticking like he did him own self. I think he’ll motivate him and get him going again. Chuffed for Brummie and I’m not someone who hates Villa. 

I don't hate Brummie or Villa, but I do hate Gerrard, somewhat unreasonably. It's that effing Liverpool connection. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, TRon said:

I don't hate Brummie or Villa, but I do hate Gerrard, somewhat unreasonably. It's that effing Liverpool connection. 

I don’t like him nor dislike him really, I do hope he is successful as a manager though, it’s good for our game.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I don’t like him nor dislike him really, I do hope he is successful as a manager though, it’s good for our game.

Aye, Liverpool twat or not, if he turns out to be a good manager, fair play to him. He seems to know what he's about from what I've seen so far. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, TRon said:

Aye, Liverpool twat or not, if he turns out to be a good manager, fair play to him. He seems to know what he's about from what I've seen so far. 

He’s the polar opposite to Howe, I think he’s more of a motivator rather than an innovator, but will surround himself with the right people behind him to do that kind of stuff. 

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

He’s the polar opposite to Howe, I think he’s more of a motivator rather than an innovator, but will surround himself with the right people behind him to do that kind of stuff. 

I mean that's quite a smart strategy in itself. You only have to look at the doylems who surround themselves with pie eating chumps called Steve to see how low standards can drop. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, TRon said:

I mean that's quite a smart strategy in itself. You only have to look at the doylems who surround themselves with pie eating chumps called Steve to see how low standards can drop. 

Aye and that’s why I think he will make it, he knows sessions have to be technical, fitness is important, science, data, structured coaching etc. What may let him down is tactical acumen, but not many managers are tactical geniuses even the top ones. I fancy Villa as dark horse for a top 8-6 finish, I think they will finish strongly in the second half of the season.