Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I don't even feel jealous of Villa. Normally I'm pissed off at other clubs signings.

Don't particularly like Villa but fair fucks them getting involved in our transfer window. Interested to see how he gets on.

52 minutes ago, triggs said:

He'll be great at Villa

Yeah, I think he's going to shine and we'll be gutted we didn't get him. Sounds like he's still hungry and wants to re-prove himself and I reckon Gerrard will get the best out if him. Maybe the one that got away?

How was Coutinho at Bayern? Seems absolutely bizarre what's happened to him at Barca and it's easy to conclude he's finished/checked out, but could just be a case of a bad match between player & cloob. 

When he's on form he's absolutely majestic so it could be some find by Villa. Always wary of stars coming back down a notch though - feels like it never works out.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

How was Coutinho at Bayern? Seems absolutely bizarre what's happened to him at Barca and it's easy to conclude he's finished/checked out, but could just be a case of a bad match between player & cloob. 

When he's on form he's absolutely majestic so it could be some find by Villa. Always wary of stars coming back down a notch though - feels like it never works out.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/platform/amp/2020/7/20/21329423/bayern-munich-analysis-philippe-coutinho-postseason-breakdown-barcelona-liverpool-thomas-muller

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Have to say, I'm not jealous at all.

Not jealous, but would be if Villa were still down the bottom with us and I'd be absolutely buzzing if we'd got him. Really interested to see if he can regain his form

3 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Have to say it is pretty gutting seeing us go and sign Trippier and go wild over it and then Villa go an get fucking Coutinho man. Another clear representation of how far we've fallen away. 

Tripper is a top notch signing, though.

It's not like you've just signed a 52 year old Ashley Cole.

3 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Have to say it is pretty gutting seeing us go and sign Trippier and go wild over it and then Villa go an get fucking Coutinho man. Another clear representation of how far we've fallen away. 

I’d say they’re fairly comparable signings, no? If anything Coutinho is more risky. 

5 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

?? I thought this was one of those piss taking posts at first.  Like what the Trippier thread was clogged up with yesterday.