Other clubs' transfers

Greg

It’s strange that Paqueta is seemingly up for going to West Ham, I’m sure if there was any truth in the Man City interest he would hold on for another year. He might have looked at Bruno’s success here and figured he would do the same at West Ham, but I’m not sure it will work out that way. I think it’s possible Moyes has already peaked there and they’re going to go backwards, which could leave Paqueta stuck in midtable on a long contract and unable to move.

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Ain’t confirmed until Orenstein or their site says so. Still hope of a sneak. 

This. I’ve seen nothing to say a fee has been agreed, and the only mention of wages being agreed is that ‘it wouldn’t be a problem’- meaning his agent has just notified all interested clubs as to what he would want. 

Edited by Manxst

3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

West Ham’s spending this window must be around £180m after this.

Not too far from us currently (once Isak signs)- NUFC €124m, WHU €139m according to transfermarkt.

2 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

West Ham eh? Fair play to them for giving it a go. Would have thought the next thing for them would be to improve the manager tbh

I think this is all a sign that will be the next step.

Moyes has never really got the best of players like Buendia and Lanzini, I just don't see Paqueta doing too well under him. It will be interesting.

I think Rice and Soucek don't do a great job of getting the ball from defence to the attacking midfielders and centre forward in build up play, and so that will continue to be an issue.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Moyes has never really got the best of players like Buendia and Lanzini, I just don't see Paqueta doing too well under him. It will be interesting.

I think Rice and Soucek don't do a great job of getting the ball from defence to the attacking midfielders and centre forward in build up play, and so that will continue to be an issue.

Kaka, has he ever managed him?

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Whatever, we just got Isak and we're not done yet. 

And also no evidence we were even in for him. Folks have went proper nuts this window over a player we haven't even been trying to sign, just because he is best mates with our best player. :lol: 

People who for some weird reason thought it would happen have now got themselves in a right funk.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Paqueta aint a Buendia/Benhrama or Lanzini type of player though...

40 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

It’s strange that Paqueta is seemingly up for going to West Ham, I’m sure if there was any truth in the Man City interest he would hold on for another year. He might have looked at Bruno’s success here and figured he would do the same at West Ham, but I’m not sure it will work out that way. I think it’s possible Moyes has already peaked there and they’re going to go backwards, which could leave Paqueta stuck in midtable on a long contract and unable to move.

It'll be an interesting end to the window for us. If we go another bid fir Maddison for example it would appear that we weren't interested in Paqeta.