Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, The Prophet said:

It definetly wouldn't and I'd love us to sign Paqueta.

As much as I want Paqueta, striker is the priority and the club appear to have delivered on that front.

I'm with you though, I'm not going to let a good deal completed by another team (if it goes that far) take the gloss off a major coup for us.

8 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I'd rather play with my friend than in third tier Europe.

Wages and London may be another matter though.

Honestly doubt he gives a shit about London, and West Ham can't give more wages than us. If he goes there it's because we aren't in for him, at least not this window. Or maybe we go for Madison instead.

Paqueta (40), Isak (60) and Pedro (30) - 130M + 60M spent on Botman, Pope and Targett

Nottingham Forest eat your heart out

I do think those three signings literally would sort out the entire team this season - even the RW - as Isak and Pedro can both play there. 

Paqueta is a must though, we simply have to get someone in CM as one injury to either Joelinton or Bruno and we'd be too light.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Honestly doubt he gives a shit about London, and West Ham can't give more wages than us. If he goes there it's because we aren't in for him, at least not this window. Or maybe we go for Madison instead.

I think this board generally downplays the pull of London, whether it's for the player or their spouse/family.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

I think this board generally downplays the pull of London, whether it's for the player or their spouse/family.

I think the pull is more for continental types from France or Italy, not so much for South Americans. Definitely not for Paqueta whose already been here wearing his toon top.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

He wants European football, West Ham can offer that but obviously disappointing.

Are players really that enticed by the Conference League though? I understand the pull of the Europa Leage as that's a genuine pathway to Champions League but Conference League can't be that much of a pull surely.

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Are players really that enticed by the Conference League though? I understand the pull of the Europa Leage as that's a genuine pathway to Champions League but Conference League can't be that much of a pull surely.

I imagine they aren't. It's basically the European Carabao Cup.

Just now, TRon said:

Moyes is talking about Paqueta publicly in front of the cameras, he must be pretty confident of signing him. Either that or he's just fucking clueless. Not a great sign.

shit

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

the only quotes I saw from him was tantamount to a no comment 

"I'll not talk about him but I can tell you that we have bid for him," Moyes said. "Twenty-three, 30 Brazil caps, can play 10, eight, plays as a false nine for Brazil quite often. I think his pedigree is really good. Your pedigree doesn't always guarantee that it works but you hope that it helps towards possibly getting better."

Just now, Manxst said:

"I'll not talk about him but I can tell you that we have bid for him," Moyes said. "Twenty-three, 30 Brazil caps, can play 10, eight, plays as a false nine for Brazil quite often. I think his pedigree is really good. Your pedigree doesn't always guarantee that it works but you hope that it helps towards possibly getting better."

I’ll not talk about him but….