Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 hours ago, KaKa said:

So? It's their money isn't it and they're not doing anything dodgy. 

They're hardly signing massive names on crazy wages either. These are just mostly solid players.

Really not a big deal at all.

Quite bizarre to try and argue that 19 or whatever signings is not worth talking about. It's definitely very unusual and worth discussion. Don't think anyone is suggesting dodgy dealings as such, but smashing £140m on players as a newly promoted club is noteworthy.

I, for one, admire it.

3 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

Quite bizarre to try and argue that 19 or whatever signings is not worth talking about. It's definitely very unusual and worth discussion. Don't think anyone is suggesting dodgy dealings as such, but smashing £140m on players as a newly promoted club is noteworthy.

I, for one, admire it.

Yeah, that's fine. Most seem to be more negative about it, which is what I don't get.

I think they have signed well, and I also admire their determination to try and make a real go of staying in the Premier League. Think they'll have a great chance of it too.

8 hours ago, Miercoles said:

I mean, if you're working with a typewriter...

I'm just surprised so many people are familiar with typewriters. Must have a lot of Jagged Edge fans on here. Hopefully they don't keep their babies in the top cupboard shelf.

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, that's fine. Most seem to be more negative about it, which is what I don't get.

I think they have signed well, and I also admire their determination to try and make a real go of staying in the Premier League. Think they'll have a great chance of it too.

True, probably a little bit of jealousy, competition, British obsession with seeing a fall from grace ? 

I hope it pays off and will be interesting to see how they bind that squad. Presumably someone has a plan, but it seems quite random.

4 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Lodi signing with Forest is mad.

It makes me wonder what sort of wages are being offered to some of these players, and if their contracts have relegation clauses. 

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

That's a frustratingly good deal unless broja is crap after all never know with Southampton players from last season

Broja almost seems free in that deal. I’d happily swap Gordon for Gallagher and 25m.

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

That’s a fantastic signing for Man U. They’ve finally started making some quality buys 

It really is as long as he becomes a bit more objective with his football. He's one if not the most entertaining player to watch at the moment, but he still doesn't contribute enough with goals and assists to be worth that kind of money. That being said, that money could potentially force him to impose himself even more and take that next step.

32 minutes ago, triggs said:

Thay would be great for Everton

Yep - I rate Gallagher alone more than Gordon. If I was Everton I'd be biting their hands off if true. Phenomenal deal.