Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Guest neesy111

Wolves barring some disasters won't be near relegation zone.

Really feel it's Fulham that need to shore up their defence for the PL.

Wolves going for a top 10 finish next season [emoji38]

Do they have a defence that can cope at pl level? That seems like it'll potentially be what costs them to me.

Boly is definitely PL quality, and the full back Barry Douglas is prob as well.

Considering all the attacking players they have and keep being linked with I think they're going to need a very good defence myself.

Wolves have quite literally 0 PL experience in their set up, from players to coaches to manager. They will have to adjust & learn hellishly quick if they're to be as good as people are predicting. Sure they will have talent, but time after time we see that alone isn't enough. I genuinely believe many will be surprised.

Wolves have quite literally 0 PL experience in their set up, from players to coaches to manager. They will have to adjust & learn hellishly quick if they're to be as good as people are predicting. Sure they will have talent, but time after time we see that alone isn't enough. I genuinely believe many will be surprised.

Is that a prerequisite to do well in the Prem? Did Hudds have a lot of it last season. I don't think we do see that time after time at all. All three sides who went down last season had loads of Prem experience.

No, not necessarily. I just think it's hasty to suggest these lofty finishes for Wolves before seeing how their players take to a new league which is one hell of a step up generally from what they're used to.

And regarding the second bit, I meant we see teams go down every single year with talented players, meaning there's clearly factors other than player ability to doing well in the PL.

Is that a prerequisite to do well in the Prem? Did Hudds have a lot of it last season. I don't think we do see that time after time at all. All three sides who went down last season had loads of Prem experience.

It's not a prerequisite but history suggests teams full of untested pl players struggle. They're signing quality though, which is different.

Manager will be huge for them imo.

Have a feeling Wolves might be overdoing it and it's not going to come together.

They'll end up firing their manager after a poor start, and it will all get really disjointed and messy when a new guy comes in and tries to make it all work.

No, not necessarily. I just think it's hasty to suggest these lofty finishes for Wolves before seeing how their players take to a new league which is one hell of a step up generally from what they're used to.

And regarding the second bit, I meant we see teams go down every single year with talented players, meaning there's clearly factors other than player ability to doing well in the PL.

I mean I said they wont be in a relegation battle, which they won't be imo. They've got Neves who'd get in a top 6 side easily, better keeper than most around, them, Jota, Boly, Costa etc. The fact they dominated that league in such a fashion would suggest that they were a PL side playing at that level. Did you see them against City in the cup? Should have beat them.

They do, but my point is PL experience isn't some fix all for teams. You necessarily need it to be a good side.

I did yes, they played well, I'm not doubting that they're capable of doing so. That said, you can't really read too much into one cup tie - whether against City or anyone else; 38 games is much different proposition to just setting up for one. Those players you named played very well to decent in the Championship, there's not really much to suggest they'll definitely bring that same form to the PL. In fact it would be more accurate and supported by evidence that they most likely won't bring that exact same form and will have to adjust. Look at Dwight Gayle.

I'm not saying they're relegation candidates, but I'd certainly lean more towards the suggestion that they will struggle to find the same form than I would to them breezing survival as many are suggesting.

EDIT: FWIW - asides from ourselves, I'm more interested to see how Wolves will make the step up than I have been about any other Championship side in recent years. Really interesting stuff.

Guest neesy111

Having PL experience is a load of rubbish when it comes to management.  If you're a good enough manager then they'll cope in the PL.

It's that rubbish that keeps shocking managers like pardew, allardyce, Moyes etc in jobs.

Guest Howaythetoon

Having PL experience is a load of rubbish when it comes to management.  If you're a good enough manager then they'll cope in the PL.

It's that rubbish that keeps shocking managers like pardew, allardyce, Moyes etc in jobs.

It’s a huge cliche, same with foreign players, as you said if they are good enough they are good enough. Only time I’d be wary of non PL experience is during a relegation fight, but I’d rather take the risk if the alternative is a Pardew or a Moyes.

If Quintero could sign for Wolves (I don't think he will in the end), it's a player we must go all in on.

Fantastic player that would solve the no.10 position for us. Just imagine what he could do as the main man with the guidance of Rafa...?