Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Former Newcastle United winger Yasin Ben El-Mhanni is attracting the interest of a clutch of European clubs including Lazio and Benfica, according to the Daily Mail.

Ben El-Mhanni is available on a free transfer this summer after leaving St James' Park following an official complaint against under-23s coach Peter Beardsley over bullying and discrimination.

Watford and Wolves are also monitoring the 22-year-old, as well as Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Besiktas and Sporting Lisbon

Yarmolenko having a medical at West Ham this week.

And Guido Carillo has gone to Leganes on loan. Must go down as one of the worst PL signings

Fuckin hell, 19M for 9 apps and no goals.

19m is nothing to Premier League teams now it's just us who are still stuck in the 90s that it's a massive fee to

Former Newcastle United winger Yasin Ben El-Mhanni is attracting the interest of a clutch of European clubs including Lazio and Benfica, according to the Daily Mail.

Ben El-Mhanni is available on a free transfer this summer after leaving St James' Park following an official complaint against under-23s coach Peter Beardsley over bullying and discrimination.

Watford and Wolves are also monitoring the 22-year-old, as well as Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Besiktas and Sporting Lisbon

So strange. He's 23 years old this year and has pretty much never played a competitive game. His agent must be a wizard.

Ours has to be one of the worst if not the worst academy in the PL.

Wonder what the club's budget is, in comparison to other PL clubs with Category One rated academies (and those below the top flight). Wouldn't surprise me if we're only spending the bare minimum required to land & maintain the rating, which we achieved after missing out the first time a few years back.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ours has to be one of the worst if not the worst academy in the PL.

Doesn’t help when the facilities are piss poor and there are hardly any coaches and the ones that are at the club are basically trainee coaches. I know several parents who have kids at the mackems and Boro because they didn’t want to put them kno ours.

Like them as a neutral and how they've went about things since winning the title. They've had to sell a few and bought a few duds but they've used it as a platform to stay a top 8 contender. Their defence next season (Schmeichel, Pereira, Chilwell, Maguire & Evans) looks very good on paper, Ndidi is class, I'm interested to see how Maddison & Roberts do, and they've still got Vardy.

I did say that very same thing about Stoke this time last year about their defence mind when I thought Butland with a back three of Martins-Indi, Shawcross & Zouma was as good as anything outside the top 4 or 5.

As with any club like this, you can't guarentee anything. What might look good on paper just as likely to not click see them tumble.

I think whatever they bring in they'll struggle to be as good as they are with Mahrez, but on paper they've made some nice signings.

I read that it's a one year loan with an option to buy next year, the amount more than Barca paid last year.

6 month loan - then they have to buy for £45m on Dec 31st - good deal all round, Paulinho goes back to being paid loads and Barca get a good deal