Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

The insane period started in the summer tbf, it's January and if rumours are to be believed, Chelsea stuck their oar and started a bidding war. Liverpool played all of their cards by making it obvious that that's who Klopp wanted and that he wouldn't entertain signing anyone else. Totally nuts, but not in the least bit surprising.

Guest neesy111

Aye but this is like 30-40% more than when Man City were spending for fun on defenders the last two summers. [emoji38]

City's spending looks normal now.

Guest neesy111

I see that we've still not caught up with the (admittedly insane) transfer market. [emoji38]

I think the last time we were in the market was when we splashed out on luque and owen.

Guest firetotheworks

I see that we've still not caught up with the (admittedly insane) transfer market. [emoji38]

I think the last time we were in the market was when we splashed out on luque and owen.

I meant the forum, rather than the club, but :thup:

Southampton must have screwed Liverpool out of nearly a quarter of a billion pound recently

New balance sheet champions. Fans must be delirious.

Gotta feel for their fans. Imagine where their club had been if money hadnt been the main source of success in football. Cant stop myself from hating liverpool for raiding them for every ounce of talent the last couple of season, despite paying overprice.

Do you still think Sigurdsson is worth 50m? :lol:

We've made one truly progressive signing in Ashley's entire ownership imo. Cisse. Maybe two, at a stretch, with Coloccini. But other than that it's been punts, bargains and (occasionally) necessities. Papiss was the only one we 'didn't need,' with a view to punching above our weight in the league.

Just miserable.

Guest neesy111

We've made one truly progressive signing in Ashley's entire ownership imo. Cisse. Maybe two, at a stretch, with Coloccini. But other than that it's been punts, bargains and (occasionally) necessities. Papiss was the only one we 'didn't need,' with a view to punching above our weight in the league.

Just miserable.

It's ridiculous whenever we've had an issue with a position, we haven't went out to try and sort it.  Just a complete mess of a transfer policy.

Guest firetotheworks

Do you still think Sigurdsson is worth 50m? [emoji38]

It was £40m and in today's money, easily.

Guest neesy111

To think we must be the only team in the premier league that haven't broken their transfer record in the last 10 years

We are only 1 of 3 clubs in the football league/pl to have not done it.  Ridiculous.

To think we must be the only team in the premier league that haven't broken their transfer record in the last 10 years

We are only 1 of 3 clubs in the football league/pl to have not done it.  Ridiculous.

In this day and age with ludicrous inflated prices for shit players and the amount of money awash in the premier league it is completely mind blowing to think we have not spent over 15m on a player in 10 fucking years

Teams like Bournemouth,Wolves,Leicester,Watford,Crystal Palace,Stoke,Swansea have all spent more on one single player. Palace have spent more than double that on one player alone

It shows how far we have fallen behind in the transfer market and how we have been scrabbling around in the bargain basement for years. Like anything in life if you buy inferior quality 99% of the time its utter shit