Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Guest Howaythetoon

£75m :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's absolutely ludicrous.

The bubble has to burst at some point. It’s entirely unsustainable.

It will level out at some point, but I fear it will be a good few years of crazy fees like this yet. The bubble won’t burst though.

Guest Howaythetoon

We're going to get a £500m player eventually. THEN the world will end.

Nah, no club could afford that. If Messi handed in a transfer request tomorrow I reckon the highest he’d go for would be 300m. In his prime perhaps aye, but there will never be another player prime Messi for another god knows how many years.

It will level out at some point, but I fear it will be a good few years of crazy fees like this yet. The bubble won’t burst though.

dunno we might be seeing the beginning of the end of the bubble with dropping tv ratings (at least they were last season) how long will tv companies pay higher and higher prices for less viewers?

Guest Howaythetoon

dunno we might be seeing the beginning of the end of the bubble with dropping tv ratings (at least they were last season) how long will tv companies pay higher and higher prices for less viewers?

Home viewing figures aren’t the priority and for the likes of Sky and BT the rights to PL football is almost a leverage to keep them in certain markets or to make further in roads. It’s like is smashing our transfer record just to keep apace with everyone else, even though that player may not yield max rewards on the pitch where it matters.

Guest Howaythetoon

Sky and BT are facing huge competition from relative newbies like Google, Amazon and even NetFlix. PL rights opens doors and gets you a guaranteed subscriber base at home and abroad more exposure and leverage. I can see huge bidding wars and even more money until it levels out. It’s rare a product like this will suddenly go pop and become something of much less value.