Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Don't know exact figures but Diaz, Gakpo, Nunez, MacAllister and Szob have to be about 250-275m between them. MacAllister is a sure hit, brilliant player like.

:thup: They needed a rebuild but they've not cut any corners. 

31 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Liverpool seem to get their transfers done and dusted without any fuss and with impressive speed.

That’s just the impression from afar. A lot of Liverpool fans are still annoyed they monitored the shit out of Bellingham all the way to Madrid.

1 minute ago, Interpolic said:

Diaby's tiny like, so maybe that's why. Explosive pace though, which I'd argue we could do with more of. 

Maybe, but Almirón isn't exactly a physical powerhouse either. Potential Bundesliga tax like but he's got Almirón's pace (if not more) and a much greater attacking output. Only issue that appears to me is the fee it would take for Leverkusen to sell.

9 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I think Bruno and Tonali will interchange, be quite a fluid midfield rather than one set DM and a more advanced midfielder.

Just hope our other big money signing, as I'm only expecting 2 this window, will be a quality upgrade for the right sided attacker of the front 3 assuming we're sticking with 4-3-3. Just wonder if we'll go for a more traditional kind of wide player in the mould of Diaby and Raphinha as opposed to a form of #10/AM playing on the right like what Maddison and Szoboszlai looked like.

You could well be right, I think we'll see more of Bruno in forward positions than we did last season. 

Have thought the same re: RW, the thought of a more traditional winger doesn't feel like so much of an evolution for us stylistically which is why it doesn't appeal to me quite so much, even thought I could easily imagine a player making that position their own and having a big impact. Happy to wait and see how the window unfolds however before rushing to judgement 

It's telling perhaps that Liverpool have gone with DS even though a midfielder in that mould hasn't been a part of Klopp's tactical system in recent years

:thup: Diaby can play left wing as well on FIFA, if that is genuinely the case then it would be a big plus. In our position with FFP, versatility is so useful. Been prattling on about getting someone who can play across the front 3 since Remy, man :lol:

With Tonali coming here, someone who is more suited centrally/in the half space like Maddison/Szoboslai isn't as important. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a more pure winger instead now.

18 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

What I am concerned about is that everything is slow and almost too measured. Angelo who we’ve been linked to for years has gone for only 12m to Chelsea after they took the other young Brazilian we’ve been linked with in January Andrey Santos. So even the gems we’re not quick enough with and the likes of Minteh are not highly rated where we’ve fought off others to get, even the team he plays for said they didn’t expect move so soon as he’s so raw. 

The calibre we are targeting is excellent and where the big boys are shopping also but we don’t seem ruthless enough in getting the deal done. 

We’ve been pretty ruthless moving on Bruno, Isak and Tonali

20 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

What I am concerned about is that everything is slow and almost too measured. Angelo who we’ve been linked to for years has gone for only 12m to Chelsea after they took the other young Brazilian we’ve been linked with in January Andrey Santos. So even the gems we’re not quick enough with and the likes of Minteh are not highly rated where we’ve fought off others to get, even the team he plays for said they didn’t expect move so soon as he’s so raw. 

The calibre we are targeting is excellent and where the big boys are shopping also but we don’t seem ruthless enough in getting the deal done. 

You do realise not every player we're linked with we are interested in?

Just now, Pancrate1892 said:

I was gutted we didn't sign Diego Carlos and coutinho and look how that turned out. Our next signing will probably be someone not even mentioned so far 

That’s how I see it plus look at some of the diamonds Ashworth has pulled out for Brighton recently. I’m not worried at all.

1 hour ago, rgk_lfc said:

I just want to point out that I avoid participating in such discussions. This is your home, and you come on here to let off steam and legitimate issues against other clubs and that includes LFC. :)

I enjoy the discussion here. I enjoy getting the views of fans of another club which I respect, even if some of them are anti-LFC.  And unless I have something to contribute positively, I avoid posting. :)

Genuinely one of the best posts I've read from a fan of another club on here. :clap:

There are a lot of parallels between the careers of Tonali and Szoboszlai. Both looked like future superstars when they burst into the scene, but stagnated last year.

Obviously different positions, but both have plenty of natural talent to go with the huge price tags.

1 hour ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I was gutted we didn't sign Diego Carlos and coutinho and look how that turned out. Our next signing will probably be someone not even mentioned so far 

Bit harsh on Carlos. Snapped his Achilles in his home debut. Out pretty much the entire season. 

22 minutes ago, brummie said:

Bit harsh on Carlos. Snapped his Achilles in his home debut. Out pretty much the entire season. 

No disparaging his likely quality, but if we had signed Carlos (and so maybe not Botman) and he'd snapped it here, we'd have moved Burn to CB and with Targett out, Dummet would have been rocking up some of the season until an early injury saw Richie (maybe Manq) there. I don't think we'd have finished near fourth.