Swansea City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/09/17 (post-match reaction from p37)

BlueStar

Don't think Sanchez was that good. He only had loads of space and time on the ball because he had players around him protecting him. He's going to end up being one of those players who receives every pass because every expects him to create everything. As soon as a team decides to double up on him and the referee's protect him less he'll be ineffective and so will Swansea. I think Swansea have gambled their Premier League safety on him and I'm far from convinced that it will pay off.

Great away win and performance - we looked really solid and organized (in the main) and everyone put in a shift. :thup: Merino was terrific in midfield and Lascelles and Clark marshaled us really well at the back. :) Richie worked his socks off and Joselu lead the line well and would have had a goal, bar a worldy save.

Sets the working week up nicely. :)

Just watched the highlights again. Love the players reactions when we score, whole team celebrating and congratulating Lascelles.

Team spirit is brilliant at the moment with this group.

Rate the new avatar btw :lol: :thup:

Cheers :lol:

Might even have to stick a crown on him soon if he keeps up this form :icon_king:

Just watched the highlights again. Love the players reactions when we score, whole team celebrating and congratulating Lascelles.

Might even have to stick a crown on him soon if he keeps up this form :icon_king:

Merino el Rey  :cool:

Merino el Rey  :cool:

That has a great ring to it.

Excellent performance that. As others have said, pretty much the perfect away performance. Merino and Ritchie again bossed it.

As far as Swansea go, Sanches was by far the worst player on the pitch today. Just dreadful. I know there's a good player in there from watching him a lot a couple of years back, but was quite shocked to see how far he appears to have fallen (one game, I know!).