Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Not being dramatic  or anything but once I found out he was on tonight... i couldn't watch.... watching some shite  xfactor  thing instead...  the thought of seeing him, listening to him just breaks my heart I genuinely love him... when he left in the summer I genuinely think I slipped into a minor bout of depression  and I'm only getting back to being myself recently .... 

Not being dramatic  or anything but once I found out he was on tonight... i couldn't watch.... watching some shite  xfactor  thing instead...  the thought of seeing him, listening to him just breaks my heart I genuinely love him... when he left in the summer I genuinely think I slipped into a minor bout of depression  and I'm only getting back to being myself recently ....

I feel your pain and I feel quite similar.

I feel your pain and I feel quite similar.

Not a chance I'm watching this MNF. Nope.

He's moved on, I've moved on and happy to keep things that way.

Well yes, that’s the thing. I don’t think there’s any nufc supporter that doesn’t wish he was still here, but like you said. It’s done with.

We’re stuck with a downgrade now but it’s not turning out to be as bad as what people thought so life goes on..

Not being dramatic  or anything but once I found out he was on tonight... i couldn't watch.... watching some s****  xfactor  thing instead...  the thought of seeing him, listening to him just breaks my heart I genuinely love him... when he left in the summer I genuinely think I slipped into a minor bout of depression  and I'm only getting back to being myself recently ....

Hear hear, i'm making sure i only watch the match.

Well yes, that’s the thing. I don’t think there’s any nufc supporter that doesn’t wish he was still here, but like you said. It’s done with.

We’re stuck with a downgrade now but it’s not turning out to be as bad as what people thought so life goes on..

But essentially futile. You can’t escape that.

But essentially futile. You can’t escape that.

Nail on head. I don't understand how people can't see that. And they, apparently, can't see my point of view. What a weird situation.

It’s beautiful and heartbreaking seeing him on here tonight.

Since he went in the summer I’ve switched off from us, 25 years of support, 12 as a season ticket holder, reduced to simply checking the full time score every weekend, but seeing him again just takes me back to the hope we all had the last 3 years, that 5-1 against Tottenham, Fulham away with 7000 of us in that away end, beating Brighton 2-1 away, winning the title on the last day, beating Man Utd, signing Almiron and beating Man City and then it seeming like the club was about to be sold in the summer, so many amazing memories with him, above all, even when we got beat there was hope, we had a manager that believed in the potential of the city, whilst Rafa was here there was always that feeling that everything would be ok, we were able to dream, able to believe.

Then he left.

Despite everything I’ve said above it was inevitable it would end in heartbreak, I’ve not recovered from it, we’re doing really well at the minute table wise but I just can’t feel anything, we know now that Ashley wouldn’t commit to Benitez, Rafa said it himself just a few minutes ago, my biggest fault was having ambition, that says it all. We’ll be out the cup by February, we’ll finish mid table and the next season it could be about pushing on but we know Ashley isn’t bothered, we know Bruce is just happy to be there. There’s no hope that we can progress.

It might have been stupid, but having Rafa as manager always had me believing there was a chance, no matter how small, that we could be everything we could and ever wanted to be, with him gone we know we’re not. Seeing him tonight and hearing how he still talks about us is upsetting as fuck.