Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Still trying to wrap my head around why Martin hardy would write that article

I've not read it, but I thought the last book he wrote meant he must have an inside track, that he is not just a random journo. So yeah, I don't know what to make of this article either.

He’s a fan of Rafa and someone Rafa trusts I assume. I’ve read the book and when I read that article and even a few more of his negative ones I’m sort of lost tbh.

Hardy's article is gutter press and so is his reasoning. Saying he hears people complaining after games. Of course people complain in frustration when they've just lost a game man. That's human nature ffs.

There's plenty of love for Rafa among the fanbase, but equally there's a significant number who are thick as fuck and will turn on both the manager and the players they don't like very easily. You should be able to see that just by reading this thread. I wonder if Rafa had this at Liverpool as well? Their fans who come on here seem very knowledgeable, but I imagine they had their share of knuckledraggers as well.

Wish people would stop treating Hardy like he's any different to any other Journo tbh, just because he wrote a book doesn't make him special.

He's no different to Balague in that regard, before he wrote the book he was as clueless as any other journo and now we are supposed to take him seriously? nah he's a moron.

Unless it comes from Caulkin ignore it.

Pardew got less stick. PARDEW. Just f***ing hell

I presume you weren’t at the Stoke game...

I was there holding a Pardew banner. But that was after a sustained period of fan organized protest. Before that no one gave him any stick. Rafa has been here not even a full PL season and already some bell ends are griefing him

Even on that day the guys who were protesting got very little support. If anything they were met with barely concealed hostility by many.

Hardy's article is gutter press and so is his reasoning. Saying he hears people complaining after games. Of course people complain in frustration when they've just lost a game man. That's human nature ffs.

There's plenty of love for Rafa among the fanbase, but equally there's a significant number who are thick as fuck and will turn on both the manager and the players they don't like very easily. You should be able to see that just by reading this thread. I wonder if Rafa had this at Liverpool as well? Their fans who come on here seem very knowledgeable, but I imagine they had their share of knuckledraggers as well.

The fact there's pissheads down my local who think they can spot simple magic solutions to our problems that Rafa fucking Benitez is somehow missing is a source of continuous bafflement and irritation to me.

So why did he drop Gayle? That's probably real confidence boost for him.

I suspect because we are away to Arsenal and he expects to be without the ball for long periods and thus picked Joselu as a horses for courses thing.

I wouldn't have done it but the reasoning is understandable.

So why did he drop Gayle? That's probably real confidence boost for him.

Rafa has a rationale for everything. I don't think he would have named the team and simply blanked Gayle without giving him a reason. Imo he chose Joselu for set pieces defending and a target man for us from set pieces.

Simple he dropped Gayle because he can’t outrun Kosclenly and he can’t hold the ball up rendering him even more limited than Joselu in this sort of game.

Darn that logic, always spoils a good chance for a rant.

Wish people would stop treating Hardy like he's any different to any other Journo tbh, just because he wrote a book doesn't make him special.

He's no different to Balague in that regard, before he wrote the book he was as clueless as any other journo and now we are supposed to take him seriously? nah he's a moron.

Unless it comes from Caulkin ignore it.

Did you read the book he wrote?