Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Nope. They have the same skillsets and I doubt either would make us more defensively sound. The only difference would be the marked increase in targeting signing big lads and overt time wasting from the off.

NOT ADVOCATING SACK RAFA ALERT!!!

but just a hypothetical question - would anyone reckon  pullis or a fatsam would be more likely to grind out enough points to stave off relegation?

Fat Sam probably, Pulis no. Pulis has just recently been sacked for that reason. Fat Sam is a short-sighted appointment in my opinion though, which I think Everton will find out next season when it's time to push on and justify the money they can spend.

He didn't need to come here in 2016. If he didn't, we'd be lumbered in the Championship with either Steve McClaren still as manager or someone of that ilk. Someone utter shite. But he came and almost kept us up. He stayed when we went down. Again, he didn't have to. We would've imploded, stuck in the Football League, with Ashley and no future. But he stayed, got rid of the saleable assets and overall cunts in the squad, made a profit and built a team for promotion which achieved promotion. He didn't have to stay after our joke of a January window and a summer. But he did. Where would this squad be without him as it's manager? Probably bottom, because it is the worst squad in the league. But he's got us, as it stands, with our head above the waterline. What many predicted after the summer window closed.

He's the centrepiece of the potential takeover. It wouldn't be happening if he wasn't here.

He's managed to bring fans who were disillusioned, apathetic, back into caring about a club which resembles a football club. Not every single one, but him being pivotal to a takeover and ridding us of the cancer on this football club that is Mike Ashley will get all of them back. I'm sure of that.

He is the best manager we've ever had in terms of his CV. For some he's already on par with SBR and KK. He still is for me. A poor run of results doesn't change that. Us struggling against relegation for most of the season, which we expected, doesn't change that. He's reignited a passion for NUFC for many. Including many posters on here. Just like KK did in 1992.

He's stayed because he believes in this club, it's fans. He knows what it's capable of and what it can do with everything in place. He's trying to put everything in place. So let him get on with the job. He has his flaws, as do all managers, but he is the best we can possibly hope for. He "gets it" regarding the football club, the city, the fans. So get behind him, do our utmost to help this club stay in the Premier League this season. Fuck what the media say about him, us, our club, fuck what fans of other clubs who are clueless about NUFC say about him, the fans or the club. Everyone knew it'd be a slog post August and here we are. So again, get behind him.

He didn't need to come here in 2016. If he didn't, we'd be lumbered in the Championship with either Steve McClaren still as manager or someone of that ilk. Someone utter s****. But he came and almost kept us up. He stayed when we went down. Again, he didn't have to. We would've imploded, stuck in the Football League, with Ashley and no future. But he stayed, got rid of the saleable assets and overall c***s in the squad, made a profit and built a team for promotion which achieved promotion. He didn't have to stay after our joke of a January window and a summer. But he did. Where would this squad be without him as it's manager? Probably bottom, because it is the worst squad in the league. But he's got us, as it stands, with our head above the waterline. What many predicted after the summer window closed.

He's the centrepiece of the potential takeover. It wouldn't be happening if he wasn't here.

He's managed to bring fans who were disillusioned, apathetic, back into caring about a club which resembles a football club. Not every single one, but him being pivotal to a takeover and ridding us of the cancer on this football club that is Mike Ashley will get all of them back. I'm sure of that.

He is the best manager we've ever had in terms of his CV. For some he's already on par with SBR and KK. He still is for me. A poor run of results doesn't change that. Us struggling against relegation for most of the season, which we expected, doesn't change that. He's reignited a passion for NUFC for many. Including many posters on here. Just like KK did in 1992.

He's stayed because he believes in this club, it's fans. He knows what it's capable of and what it can do with everything in place. He's trying to put everything in place. So let him get on with the job. He has his flaws, as do all managers, but he is the best we can possibly hope for. He "gets it" regarding the football club, the city, the fans. So get behind him, do our utmost to help this club stay in the Premier League this season. f*** what the media say about him, us, our club, f*** what fans of other clubs who are clueless about NUFC say about him, the fans or the club. Everyone knew it'd be a slog post August and here we are. So again, get behind him.

:thup: top post.

He didn't need to come here in 2016. If he didn't, we'd be lumbered in the Championship with either Steve McClaren still as manager or someone of that ilk. Someone utter s****. But he came and almost kept us up. He stayed when we went down. Again, he didn't have to. We would've imploded, stuck in the Football League, with Ashley and no future. But he stayed, got rid of the saleable assets and overall c***s in the squad, made a profit and built a team for promotion which achieved promotion. He didn't have to stay after our joke of a January window and a summer. But he did. Where would this squad be without him as it's manager? Probably bottom, because it is the worst squad in the league. But he's got us, as it stands, with our head above the waterline. What many predicted after the summer window closed.

He's stayed because he believes in this club, it's fans. He knows what it's capable of and what it can do with everything in place. He's trying to put everything in place. So let him get on with the job. He has his flaws, as do all managers, but he is the best we can possibly hope for. He "gets it" regarding the football club, the city, the fans. So get behind him, do our utmost to help this club stay in the Premier League this season. f*** what the media say about him, us, our club, f*** what fans of other clubs who are clueless about NUFC say about him, the fans or the club. Everyone knew it'd be a slog post August and here we are. So again, get behind him.

:thup: top post.

I'll second that :thup:

He didn't need to come here in 2016. If he didn't, we'd be lumbered in the Championship with either Steve McClaren still as manager or someone of that ilk. Someone utter shite. But he came and almost kept us up. He stayed when we went down. Again, he didn't have to. We would've imploded, stuck in the Football League, with Ashley and no future. But he stayed, got rid of the saleable assets and overall cunts in the squad, made a profit and built a team for promotion which achieved promotion. He didn't have to stay after our joke of a January window and a summer. But he did. Where would this squad be without him as it's manager? Probably bottom, because it is the worst squad in the league. But he's got us, as it stands, with our head above the waterline. What many predicted after the summer window closed.

He's stayed because he believes in this club, it's fans. He knows what it's capable of and what it can do with everything in place. He's trying to put everything in place. So let him get on with the job. He has his flaws, as do all managers, but he is the best we can possibly hope for. He "gets it" regarding the football club, the city, the fans. So get behind him, do our utmost to help this club stay in the Premier League this season. Fuck what the media say about him, us, our club, fuck what fans of other clubs who are clueless about NUFC say about him, the fans or the club. Everyone knew it'd be a slog post August and here we are. So again, get behind him.

Great post

Guest firetotheworks

but just a hypothetical question - would anyone reckon  pullis or a fatsam would be more likely to grind out enough points to stave off relegation?

No, again it's the players that you have to work with and these players aren't good enough for this level.

He shouldn't be sacked because he's by some distance the best manager we could ever have, I don't even know why anyone would even contemplate the idea.

Even if we get relegated I wouldn't sack him although I think he'd walk.

So in your eyes hes basically untouchable if he takes us down whos fault is it then?

WHAT!? Are you serious?

Of course im being serious if Pardew or McLaren took us down over 38 games whos fault would it be. Yes hes been dealt a shit hand and had the rug pulled from under him but if over the course of a full season a team is relegated the manager is at fault for it in my opinion

Was it not Moyes fault that the mackems went down last year or Karankas/agnews for the boro

Moyes to his credit said that Sunderland side will be relegated with no investment.

Is that not what we are seeing now.

Well said  O0

Fat Sam probably, Pulis no. Pulis has just recently been sacked for that reason. Fat Sam is a short-sighted appointment in my opinion though, which I think Everton will find out next season when it's time to push on and justify the money they can spend.

You reckon Fat Sam would be more likely to grind out results, but he wouldn't be allowed to sign the 30 year olds for big money that he has in the past to get out of trouble. He would need to have the basics in place already like he did at Palace. No way could he succeed with this squad.

Summed it up perfect :thup:

You reckon Fat Sam would be more likely to grind out results, but he wouldn't be allowed to sign the 30 year olds for big money that he has in the past to get out of trouble. He would need to have the basics in place already like he did at Palace. No way could he succeed with this squad.

I don't think he'd be more likely than Rafa is. It was more of a hypothetical on paper given what he's done everywhere else. Fat Sam has already been here and failed with a better squad than we have now.

Sorry for asking here but anyone got a link or know how to ignore a user? Done it before ages ago but can't recall how to do it

KI isn't that bad :lol:

He's fine, it was for you.

Just kidding  :D

Sorry for asking here but anyone got a link or know how to ignore a user? Done it before ages ago but can't recall how to do it

KI isn't that bad :lol:

He's fine, it was for you.

Just kidding  :D

Modify profile

Ignore / buddy lists

:thup:

Click on profile at the top >forum profile > modify profile > buddy / ignore list

From now on I very much doubt it. I think a lot of managers would have picked up more than 1 point in 9 games though. Not many would have had us where we were before that run though so it’s probably evened out.

Absolutly love Rafa as a person. He says all the right things, is so professional and have given all the fans something to belive in.

But I think the football we play under him is so boring to watch.

Would love to have a manager that play offensive football with good passing and some speed.

Hope it will get better when (if) he could spend on better players but not sure.

Think he will get better results with an owner that backs him all the way but dont think he will change his tactics too much.

Am I asking for too much?