Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest firetotheworks

Keys is the Katie Hopkins of football analysis as far as I'm concerned. That's before getting onto how he has literally no qualifications whatsoever to have any opinion on Rafa at all in a professional capacity. His opinion is worthless, basically.

The thing is Rafa was being criticised during our bad run. The run has now ended and we look far better but some are carrying on like we should be winning every game at home to make up for it.

In isolation a 0-0 draw at home with Brighton is not a horrific result just as a 3-2 win away to West Ham is a good result. Our season will not be defined on whether or not we beat Stoke away tomorrow although it'll no doubt feel that way, we seem to have gotten over our slump which is the important thing.

Good point actually, we are actually playing more like we did earlier in the season, just that awful run makes it feel like we are still stuck in it.

Well this has papered over the Brighton game quite nicely.  Enjoy the gloating lads :thup: 

But seriously, from my own perspective, I don't want Rafa out.  I think he's a great manager, the best we could get today and probably for a long time to come.  And people shouldn't overreact when posters take issue with his mistakes or when the team plays terribly - which they did versus Brighton.

Well this has papered over the Brighton game quite nicely.  Enjoy the gloating lads :thup: 

But seriously, from my own perspective, I don't want Rafa out.  I think he's a great manager, the best we could get today and probably for a long time to come.  And people shouldn't overreact when posters take issue with his mistakes or when the team plays terribly - which they did versus Brighton.

?

It's all about context and works both ways. Both sides on here (myself included) go to the extreme.

Given we had 5 straight home defeats before Brighton, the more I think about it the more I think Rafa just didn't want us to get beat. In most circumstances that's normally not really acceptable at SJP but this has set the base for today. I just hope we can push on now and beat Swansea at home next time out in the league.

The man is a colossus.

He clearly retains the confidence of all these players. It's a poor squad and the youngest in the division too. His reaction when we were denied a penalty was to calmly instruct the players back into position. In the circumstances that shows just how experienced and in control he is. So fortunate to have him at the club during this dire period of ownership.

Working miracles with a pile of what is largely very good Championship players and a few bottom half PL players.

Great result. Brave to go with just Perez up top but clearly worked out that the pace of Atsu and Murphy, along with Ayoze's pressing would worry them.