Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

So who would people go for if Rafa leaves then :hmm:

I’d go..

Number 1 Hasenhuttl

Plays our 3421 system would bring through Longstaff and has a Top 10 form record since being in the Premier League.

Number 2 Garcia

Done very well in the Premier League since joining Watford would the change to his open style suit our players would be my only concern.

Number 3 Quique Setien

Plays our 3421 system at Real Betis and would progress us as a team with the ball in our formation only concern is he isn’t proven in the Premier League.

Wildcard option Arteta

He got considered by Arsenal but probably too much of a risk.

You’d imagine he has picked up some great training methods since working under Guardiola though.

Don't forget, he won't be able to spend money the club doesn't have yet. Believe it comes after the transfer window. That'll mean £11m in the summer, then £25m available by January window. The rest comes after the January window ready for next summer.

I’d go..

Number 1 Hasenhuttl

Plays our 3421 system would bring through Longstaff and has a Top 10 form record since being in the Premier League.

Number 2 Garcia

Done very well in the Premier League since joining Watford would the change to his open style suit our players would be my only concern.

Number 3 Quique Setien

Plays our 3421 system at Real Betis and would progress us as a team with the ball in our formation only concern is he isn’t proven in the Premier League.

Wildcard option Arteta

You’d imagine he has picked up some great training methods since working under Guardiola though.

Yaaaawn...

I’d go..

Number 1 Hasenhuttl

Number 2 Garcia

Number 3 Quique Setien

Wildcard option Arteta

Yaaaawn...

What was I suppose to include Eddie Howe? :lol:

Guest chopey

Personally, I couldn't give a fuck. The club will be dead to me.

Same .................so Pardew

Don't forget, he won't be able to spend money the club doesn't have yet. Believe it comes after the transfer window. That'll mean £11m in the summer, then £25m available by January window. The rest comes after the January window ready for next summer.

We seem to hear this same shit every year, meanwhile we manage to find £33m to hand back to Ashley just in case he runs out of slot machine money.

Yep. If anything, i'll be hoping for the worst appointment possible.

Yep. If anything, i'll be hoping for the worst appointment possible.

Don’t know why anyone would even contemplate Rafa‘s replacement - if he’s gone, then who gives a fuck whatever lackey Ashley scrapes up?

Who is the worst “active” available manager? Or the worst semi-retired one? That’s who I hope gets it

Why would Gracia or Hasenhuttl leave their teams to come to us?

The fact Rafa Benitez went from managing Real Madrid to managing us in the same season suggests we have a strange undeniable pull as a club.

None of the attractive reasons were ever Mike Ashley related.

Our city and our people have shown to be the big pull in the past.

Especially in getting Champions League winner Rafa Benitez to not only join but to stay when he could have easily walked.

We just have to hope those same reasons which made him stay make him want to stay with us again :thup:

I’d go..

Number 1 Hasenhuttl

Number 2 Garcia

Number 3 Quique Setien

Wildcard option Arteta

Yaaaawn...

What was I suppose to include Eddie Howe? :lol:

You could try putting in Gracia.

It’ll be a yes man, whoever comes in. Ashley has had his fingers well and truly burned by Rafa and the attention he’s rightly brought to his ineptitude as an owner. The fat cunt got away with it for years by appointing his mate the King and that’s inevitably the route he’ll return to.

rafa approached the club to offer his services.

if he leaves, who the fuck is ashley going to ask to choose our new manger - wise? charnley???

we will be fucked. there are plenty of decent managers out there but ashley and charnley wouldnt know who they were.

pardew, kinnear, mclaren ffs.

I have it a few times, but I would go for Marco Rose at Salzburg if Benitez leaves. I would rather Benitez though, but he will always push the club to do things better.

Already moving to Gladbach.