Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't know what is taking him so long to make up his mind if he wants to sign a new contract. The club have made him an offer even if it is more of the same about 2 weeks ago I don't know what he is has to consider. He has also apparently turned down Roma and Marseilles during his time so I don't really know why he is taking so long to make his decision. This isn't meant to be an attack on Benitez, but the only reason I could think of for him delaying his decision is if the Bin Zayed Group have made contact with him, but that seems far fetched.

How on earth is he supposed to make a decision when he doesn't know who the f***ing owner will be? :lol:

So then why did he turn down those other jobs?

Because he doesn't know who the owner is going to be..... it's not hard.

That Mourinho story is top of the soccer subreddit with like 500 comments. Dunno why other fans are taking it seriously.

Because...

It looks like he’s known the sheikh for some time.

He seems to have a soft spot for ‘Bobbys club’

He’s out of work and looking

Newcastle with ambitious owners is the best he can do in this country where his family are happiest.

Current managers contract expires in 3 weeks

It’s all circumstancial, like. But if the takeover is happening then to say there’s nowt in this wouldn’t be right either.

The Mourinho stuff is just designed to try and pressure Rafa into signing his deal.  It's all a political game at present though and we could have 3 weeks left of it.

Eh? It’s not as if Mourinho’s in the running if Ashley stays. If the Sheikh appoints Mourinho it’s because they want their own man. If they want Rafa, they’ll also keep him.

Nothing here is about ‘putting pressure’ on Benítez.

That Mourinho story is top of the soccer subreddit with like 500 comments. Dunno why other fans are taking it seriously.

Because...

It looks like he’s known the sheikh for some time.

He seems to have a soft spot for ‘Bobbys club’

He’s out of work and looking

Newcastle with ambitious owners is the best he can do in this country where his family are happiest.

Current managers contract expires in 3 weeks

It’s all circumstancial, like. But if the takeover is happening then to say there’s nowt in this wouldn’t be right either.

There's absolutely nothing in it, man :lol:

Jesus Christ, some nob floats a dumbass theory and suddenly it's national news.  Said it a million times in this thread, Sonia has a lovely gash the journos don't know shit, ignore them.

I'd bet my house that zero contact has been made between the sheikh and Mourinho, about the managers job.

We should be much more worried about whether the takeover goes through at all.

Hopefully Roma, Marseille and any other job temptations are filled by 1st July.

Both are :thup:

Ah great, didnt know Fonseca was official. Well if the major jobs in the big leagues are all sorted, I have faith that Rafa would choose against unemployment. Hopefully.

Hopefully Roma, Marseille and any other job temptations are filled by 1st July.

Both are :thup:

Ah great, didnt know Fonseca was official. Well if the major jobs in the big leagues are all sorted, I have faith that Rafa would choose against unemployment. Hopefully.

I have to say I’d be disappointed if he choose unemployment over staying.

I think he just should sign on for another year carrying on being one of the highest paid managers and if a new ambitious owner comes in over the next year then he can extend it or just leave if they don’t.

It would mean the Sheikh would have to pay him off if they want to sack him off for Mourinho too.

What if Rafa asked Ashley at that meeting (the one just before the takeover rumours started) to prove his trustworthiness (I know :lol:) by starting to sign the players Rafa wants before his contract runs out?

That would seem a wise move if you were negotiating with someone you know would go back on his word.

What if Rafa asked Ashley at that meeting (the one just before the takeover rumours started) to prove his trustworthiness (I know :lol:) by starting to sign the players Rafa wants before his contract runs out?

That would seem a wise move if you were negotiating with someone you know would go back on his word.

That would be mental :lol:

:lol: :lol: