Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Managers come and go, yes.

One's who come and take to the club, the city, the fans and truly understand it and want to take everybody on the journey to build it all up from scratch, whilst having absolutely no intention whatsoever of wanting to go elsewhere despite the far better professional and financial roles that are readily available, are extremely rare.

Losing Rafa is more than losing a manager.

Amen.

Anybody who is entertaining the idea of changing manager, takeover or not, surely doesn't appreciate a) what Rafa has done for this club, and b) what he embodies

Even if the takeover happens and we sign £30-50m players, I'd be absolutely gutted if Rafa wasn't here.

One's who come and take to the club, the city, the fans and truly understand it and want to take everybody on the journey to build it all up from scratch, whilst having absolutely no intention whatsoever of wanting to go elsewhere despite the far better professional and financial roles that are readily available, are extremely rare.

Amen.

Anybody who is entertaining the idea of changing manager, takeover or not, surely doesn't appreciate a) what Rafa has done for this club, and b) what he embodies

Even if the takeover happens and we sign £30-50m players, I'd be absolutely gutted if Rafa wasn't here.

Me too :thup:

Mourinho’s not coming here ffs :lol:

If the Sheikhs wanted and threw the money at him, he absolutely would come here IMO. Part of him I think would love to win Mr. Robson's team a trophy.

Agree. Mourinho would potentially come here, but he'd want the sort of money that would allow him to challenge for titles, I don't think BZG are planning on doing that if reports are true. Really you would think we already have the ideal manager to maximise a team's potential on a 2nd tier budget.

If Rafa goes and this takeover is a load of bullshit as I suspect, then I have to say, I'm totally out. Football would be dead to me.

Same here. I've already paid for next season's season ticket. Renewed in March in the total hope Rafa stayed  so I'm in for next season. Probably not go much if Rafa leaves and we're stuck with Ashley.

Will be cancelling after having my season ticket for 27 years if all of the above happens which it probably will.

What you mean not go much, you would actually still go Ashley and no Rafa?

Yee must be mental. :lol:

I've paid for it so what difference would it make. More chance of going to the town and stopping in the pub tbh.

Amen.

Exactly.

Any group taking over would surely keep Rafa. If they didn't even try to then it would be a bad omen for the future. No one could be that stupid.

Whatever "source" started this Mourinho / Wenger shit is playing right into the clubs hands, we've actually got fans discussing whether they'd take Mourinho...meanwhile the clock is ticking on Rafa's contract.

This basically  :lol:

Nailed it.

Rafa is the only manager I want here at the moment and he deserves his chance with some money to spend for this connection he's made with the club, the fans and the city. However, that being said Ashley leaving is infinitely more important than anything else at the moment and given a direct choice I'm afraid it would be Ashley gone every time. We can only hope for both of these to happen.

I still think it was a misconstrued (probably on purpose to sell some rags) quote, BZG, I believe, only stated that their main priority is buying the club, as it should be and if they were to miss out on Rafa then there are other options, the rest has been pure guesswork and blown out of proportion.

If we lose Rafa I'll be gutted, everything he has done up to now will unravel quickly, and if the takeover doesn't happen I'm lumping on relegation next season.

xactly he was like a breath of fresh air ,totally capable and trust worthy,if theres no take over and he,s allowed to leave it will be the biggest fail in the history of the club and set it back 10 years

If we lose Rafa I'll be gutted, everything he has done up to now will unravel quickly, and if the takeover doesn't happen I'm lumping on relegation next season.

xactly he was like a breath of fresh air ,totally capable and trust worthy,if theres no take over and he,s allowed to leave it will be the biggest fail in the history of the club and set it back 10 years

Alright ’Arry

I'm telling you, Rafas contract hold up HAS to be because of a takeover. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Either Ashley intends to sell before his contract is up, therefore sees no reason to renew his contract.

Or BZG have told him not renew as they want their own man.

Guest chopey

Its a bit crackers that we are on the verge of a takeover by Billionaire Arabs and if they gave me the choice of any manager in the world I would still choose Rafa.

Its a bit crackers that we are on the verge of a takeover by Billionaire Arabs and if they gave me the choice of any manager in the world I would still choose Rafa.

Rafa plus investment equals a seriously dangerous fucking side

If the Sheikhs wanted and threw the money at him, he absolutely would come here IMO. Part of him I think would love to win Mr. Robson's team a trophy.

The sheikhs  :lol: there is no sheikhs coming here man

Oh yes man, the sheikhs are comming!😊

Rafa plus investment equals a seriously dangerous fucking side

:snod:

We stand on the brink of something here. There are very few managers in world football I would trust more than Rafa with money to invest and build a side with.

:aww:

If we fuck this up from here...

These words should be engraved on the walls of the club, the city and in our hearts. And on Ashleys grave?

Agree. Mourinho would potentially come here, but he'd want the sort of money that would allow him to challenge for titles, I don't think BZG are planning on doing that if reports are true. Really you would think we already have the ideal manager to maximise a team's potential on a 2nd tier budget.

Mourino is past his sell by date. Divisive, self centred, short term....